Respected Contributor

Re: The boots QVC is showcasing this year are really unattractive

I don't care for the look of the molded sole/heels.  I know they are popular right now but not my taste.   

However, I have found Free Birds by Steven and the soles and heels are all leather and hand assembled.  The Free Birds are more expensive, but they are good value if you compare what you get and the cost to other more mass produced boots.  

Regular Contributor

I stopped watching the minute I saw how high the shipping charges were for one pair of shoes or boots.  No reason for it to cost near $11.00 to ship.

Honored Contributor

I’m a boot gal. I have been since my white patent go go boots. I always wear my ankle boots, slim cut dressier ones, suede ones, combat style, Doc Martins...stopped purchasing winter shoes because I never wear them. Reach for the boots. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cosmic1 wrote:

I don't care for the look of the molded sole/heels.  I know they are popular right now but not my taste.   

However, I have found Free Birds by Steven and the soles and heels are all leather and hand assembled.  The Free Birds are more expensive, but they are good value if you compare what you get and the cost to other more mass produced boots.  

@cosmic1 

I love the look of Free Birds!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I’m hoping they are just saving the attractive, work appropriate ankle boots until late October for me. It is way too early (too hot) for me to be buying boots.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden That's funny, I saw one pair that was really cute.  Everyone has different taste so what is ugly to you may be beautiful to another.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

What I’ve noticed in boots is that the manufacturers are using fabric on the back of a leather front.  Maybe it’s just me but that cheapens the quality of the boot.  If I am making an investment  in a good pair of boots I want all leather uppers.

Highlighted
Contributor

Do these have arch support in them, because I find that with a lot of there shoes they fall short when it comes to not having little to no support at all.

Respected Contributor

I guess clunky, bulky, manly is ‘trending’. Oh well, does not matter to me what is trending!!  No sale.