Esteemed Contributor

Re: The War With Navy Everything!

ECBG - I found some "true" navy comfort sandals by FINN, which I love. I've also purchased some really nice clogs in a lovely brown by FINN (Sanford style, I believe) for fall. Have always had good luck with belts and leathergoods at Dillards and vonMaur. Apparently no one else checks our Dillards stores. Always lots of selections for belts about 1-1 1/2" wide . . . perfect for jean loops! And, yes, I tuck my blouses in. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I love navy too and I do think it is hard to find that true midnight blue classic navy-not sickly blue, not inkblack blue-it sounds like we all know what we are talking about!

If I saw a purse in navy or navy shoes I would get them.

I also like chocolate brown and I think that is hard to find too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

EA has classic navy pumps. I no longer wear them, but the website had nice heels a few weeks ago. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG

I would love to access your "outfit of the day", but I do not know where to find it.  Could you tell me where I look?

Trusted Contributor

My 1st designer handbag was navy. I bought it right after I graduated to go on job interviews! I've been wearing more navy the past few years to get away from wearing so much black. So far, I haven't really had a problem finding what I want in navy.

Honored Contributor

@kjaePut forums in the main search on the main Q web page.

You'll get some of the most recent posts with a search box at the upper right.  Put in "Outfit Of....just those two words pull it up!  We're under the Fashion Forum although it isn't always on the first page of posts.Smiley Happy

See ya there!

Image result for little girl waving goodbye

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG, i'll be happy to check out outfit of the day. the one in the fashion forum correct? do you post everyday? 

Respected Contributor

I'm a fan of navy and I agree with many of you. It's even more of an issue to find navy in leather. Still looking for a skirt suit.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

As the top stylist at a national boutique, I often see a customer's frustration when an item doesn't come in navy or they are looking for a navy item.

Navy has always been an issue for myself as well.  I've hunted forever for a quality navy belt in the width that is best for me; navy shoes I liked until the time passed, now it's a navy comfort shoe I can wear on the floor and "sprint" all day.  

I have several navy sweaters and I'll NEVER let them go!  LOL!!!

I can only imagine how ladies find navy handbags.  Thank goodness I don't need one for work which would add to my frustration.  

The fashion industry certainly has lost revenue in a market they don't recognize.

What navy items are you on the "hunt" for?Smiley Happy

@ECBG I'm in the Philadelphia suburbs and while I do a lot of buying here from QVC I'm always looking for new B&M places to shop.  The only national women's stores near me that cater to women over 40 are either Chicos & Talbots.  There are also some department stores like Lord & Taylor & Nordstroms or small independent boutiques but I don't know of any large national ones.  Could you share the name of the boutique where you work if you don't mind?

TIA!

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE NAVY!   Alway have.  I am a redhead with blue eyes and very fair complexion.  While others have tons of Black I have tons of Navy!