Esteemed Contributor

The Retiring Patterns in February Are...

Petal Paisley, Heather, and Flower Shower. I don't have any Vera in any of these patterns, but I'm sure I will very soon. I've always admired the Heather but it has never been on sale.

I can't wait!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Regular Contributor

Re: The Retiring Patterns in February Are...

Thanks for posting this, sunala. I wondered if these patterns were on the way out. Tuesday I was shopping at a local shop that is a VB retailer. They were marking a ton of Vera's for clearance. There were lots of things in those patterns. I'm wondering if the Pleated Shoulder Bag is also on the discontinue list. They had many of those-the patterns I remember seeing were Petal Paisley, Moon Blooms, Flower Showers, Pink Swirls, Flutterby & Ink Blue. They had a special deal in the store that if you bought two or more clearance items(everything in the store on clearance, not just VB) , your items were 60% off the sale price. I scored a Petal Paisley Pleated Shoulder Bag for $13.60!! I wanted the Moon Blooms & Ink Blue, but they only had one of each & other shoppers got them before I could grab them, lol.
Super Contributor

I have A235166 signature print convertible crossbody in Heather. At the time I ordered it it was the only color option available. I use it as a knitting bag. Somebody always comments on the vivid color which is why I'd never use it as a handbag, it's way too bright for my wardrobe. It would be fun in a wristlet.

Esteemed Contributor

KathT, now I'm hearing that Ink Blue is another that will be retired. It's so strange though; didn't it just come out? Also Moon Blooms; it seems really new.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I just bought a Tic Tac Tote in Flutterby and it's so pretty in person. I wouldn't mind a few accessories in that pattern. Oh I see trouble on the horizon {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Regular Contributor

Sunala, I don't understand either, I think both patterns were released last fall.The store I was in had their entire stock of Ink Blue on sale, with exception of the Pleated Shoulder Bag, which was on clearance. I'm really hoping Moon Blooms stays around for awhile. I just have the TSV satchel & wallet & wanted to pick up more in the pattern. I have been disappointed in some of the new offerings, not so much the patterns but the bags/accessories. For instance, the Hello Yellow Tote that was the gift with purchase from the last release. I like the look of it, however it has no pockets at all & there is no way to close the top of the tote. It is not very usable for me since I would end up losing my keys for sure. I also noticed that some of the newer small purses had rather narrow openings. Although they had an updated look, it didn't look like they were wide/big enough to fit a wallet or too much else. I'm thinking I may need to see things in person before purchasing.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

I also think that Flower Shower isn't real old. I have one bag in this pattern & I have really liked this pattern. I think they retire things way too soon & bring out new patterns too fast (too many). Just my opinion...

Super Contributor

I like the heather pattern. I've got several travel bags in it. It is cute in the wallet. It is a bold pattern, I only carry the back pack convertible bag if I'm wearing a solid color that coordinates. I agree it's a bit loud with pattern on pattern.
Super Contributor

I think they probably base it more on the number of sales than how long a pattern is out.

Esteemed Contributor

The latest is that Ink Blue, Petal Paisley and Flower Shower. A friend said her local retail store is having those three prints on clearance. Hmmm...

Honored Contributor

I'll have to check locally and see what's on sale, thank's Sun!