Honored Contributor

Yesterday, a pair of my favorite shoes died. 

They were brown suede tie shoes - sort of cross between oxford and sneaker.  Not real casual as a sneaker and not as tailored as an oxford.

They were one of the triplets .... I bought them (on sale) in white suede, black suede and the brown suede.  Black and White are still doing well.  Brown is in the trash.

I'm sad, but I really can't complain.  I bought the shoes from LandsEnd the winter before I broke my arm (break happened in June, 2003).  They were winter shoes and not worn very often - suede can't do rain or snow.  They were really nice shoes!  

They served me well for 17 years.  Sad to see them go!  

Esteemed Contributor

That’s a long time. 👞

Esteemed Contributor

Ah, sounds like my hubs. Every now and again he'll hold a pair in his hands, show them to me and say .... they turned on me. I have to say goodbye. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I had a fav years ago when we all still had them mended.  Got heels, soles and heels, heels again, but next time he just said lady......sniff.

Frequent Contributor

@ALRATI  I have a pair that are quite worn. I'm still hoping to wear them a few more times before I throw them out.  It's so hard to get rid of them, even though I have many others!

Contributor

@ALRATIBA Yesterday I threw out three pair of shoes.  It was sad, but today I feel better,  and if I buy a new pair, I won't feel so guilty!