Honored Contributor

Re: Tense Dooney presentation

On 7/6/2014 surprise_sometime said:

It seems their hiring decisions are based more on TV experience than selling experience. Ashley was a newscaster before her job with Dooney, as have been several of the hosts on the Q.

Product knowledge can be taught, but it does take time. Throwing that into the mix of being on tv, working with hosts, etc., and it's more difficult than it looks.

Personally, I think the show was awkward on Lisa's end and Ashley was doing the best she could. It got to a point where Ashley realized Lisa had taken over whenever she was trying to talk, so she just stopped and let her. I felt bad for her.

According to her FB page, Ashley's been in training for this since last September and on-board since October. As noted earlier, not sure that still qualifies as 'new'. It also seems that most of her news experience was traffic and features rather than much hard news or reporting.

I'm not sure the whole news thing ensures any level of sales presence anyway. Clearly, the roles are very different and thus far anyway, regardless of who she's paired with, Ashley doesn't strike me as having much of an on-air presence... That aside, product knowledge can, of course, be taught, but I'm not so sure good on-air salesmanship can be... Who knows, maybe she'll work out. I just haven't really warmed to her and find her rather lacking as a vendor rep and not, by the way, merely by comparison to Sue... I wish her well, but remain at least a bit curious as to how she got this gig. This doesn't really seem to be much her forte.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

That would mean 1/12 of the people in the world have extra big heads. I doubt that. And I said that most people find people with large heads look appealing on camera. Vanna White has a very large head. Next time Lisa is next to Aimee K. or Susan, look closely at the difference. Then again, maybe they have tiny heads. Nothing inherently wrong with it. My head is larger than average because of my enormous brain. And I'm a Libra.
On 7/6/2014 Honeytown said:
On 7/6/2014 Nikalette said:I have complained for a long time how Lisa runs over Aimee Kestenberg In her shows. And unlike Lisa, Aimee IS a designer, and an award winning one at that. Lisa grabs purses, interrupts...it is awful. As far as the criticism of Lisa's appearance, she is attractive, except for one feature she shares with many TV celebrities: her head is HUGE. Sorry, Lisa fans, but if you,pay attention to normal people, it is not just her hair. It is well known that people with large heads look better on camera, that may be part of her appeal. Many years ago. I dated an ad exec that did a campaign with OJ Simpson...he told me OJ's head was enormous. And it kind of made me pay attention to head size.
<br />

Maybe Lisa is an Aries. Aries people are suppose to have large heads. I think Lisa is gorgeous, big head or not and she's a good sales person also. I usually enjoy watching Ashely and Lisa but they both seemed off the mark last night. No spark, seemed like they would have rather been elsewhere. The show seemed to go really slowly (I hate those $%#@ locks on the Sambas). Not sure what the trouble was...maybe both ladies were partied out after all the Fourth festivities? Must say I am getting a little tired of Dooney designs all looking so much alike...Maybe Ashley and Lisa are suffering from buckles, tassles & in your face stitching burn out?

Honored Contributor

Isn't Lisa's birthday sometime in the fall, as was mentioned...? If so, that would seem to shoot the Aries thing out of the water...

Super Contributor

On 7/6/2014 stevieb said:

Hi marye... and I'm betting Lisa would've had pretty much the same act with Sue. The difference is that Sue would've known where to go with presenting a bag... As for the new Samba, I didn't particularly care WHO showed it and thoroughly presented it, as long as one of them did...

Hi Stevie, I was hoping to hear "the inspiration" behind Peter's design for the Samba's 'logo lock'. I think Sue would have addressed that, since there was a lot of speculation about it. One thing for sure, it looks like it won't "fall off" like the one on the hobo handbag. {#emotions_dlg.scared} Like you, I've come to loathe the presentations on that bag. I really did not want the crossbody Samba, but it looks like Samba is a "hit" with so many sell-outs. Time will tell when the reviews are posted (and the returns start). Wink

Respected Contributor

maryebrown: I think it would take a hack saw to get the lock off the Samba satchel. The lock is permanently attached with a thick metal top to a thick metal ring on the front of the handbag. Neither the ring or the lock is functional (no moving parts), just decorative, as there is a magnetic snap under the flap.

Honored Contributor

On 7/7/2014 maryebrown said:
On 7/6/2014 stevieb said:

Hi marye... and I'm betting Lisa would've had pretty much the same act with Sue. The difference is that Sue would've known where to go with presenting a bag... As for the new Samba, I didn't particularly care WHO showed it and thoroughly presented it, as long as one of them did...

Hi Stevie, I was hoping to hear "the inspiration" behind Peter's design for the Samba's 'logo lock'. I think Sue would have addressed that, since there was a lot of speculation about it. One thing for sure, it looks like it won't "fall off" like the one on the hobo handbag. {#emotions_dlg.scared} Like you, I've come to loathe the presentations on that bag. I really did not want the crossbody Samba, but it looks like Samba is a "hit" with so many sell-outs. Time will tell when the reviews are posted (and the returns start). Wink

marye... I'd guess the 'inspiration' was how well Kors and others are doing with the whole lock motif; most, probably at some level, inspired by the Birkin... And had ole Pete stuck with a classy, diminutive lock I for one think he'd have been better off!