Respected Contributor

Re: TSV Gili Backpack, for those that preordered and have it

On 3/24/2015 Favorite Son said:

I got the brown snake. I LOVE it. It is definitely on the smallish side of medium and I think it is just adorable. It will be my last purchase from the GILI line. I now have only backpacks, plus a Brahmin weekender tote.

Gianni Notaro black - the backpack from which the original GILI backpack was styled. It is the largest, and will carry workout clothes, workout shoes, wallet, and makeup case - easily. It's full with those items inside, but I don't really have anything except the Brahmin weekender that carries those items with lots of room to spare.

Brahmin Zaino backpack, twilight croco - about the same size as the new GILI. It holds the clothes, wallet, and makeup case, but not the shoes.

GILI brown snake - functions the same as the Brahmin. I agree with those who find this pattern to be muted. I would even say it looks sandwashed, but that is OK with me. I don't want a glossy looking snake bag.

I carry all of my backpacks as backpacks on the way out of the office to my commute point each night. I have never had any problem with using them that way.

I have the Miliano in the brown snake and I love it!! Its got to look amazing in a backpack. This might be my last gili too. We are going to see the last of what Lisa had input on and it will no doubt take a different road. I have plenty of Gili bags to fill my needs.

Super Contributor

On 3/23/2015 Pecky said:

Cgil, I was thinking of ordering the snow leopard. Is the leather real soft and it is a heavy bag?

Thanks{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

The leather is soft. IMO it is a better quality leather (softer/smoother) than the Roma 2. I would personally not categorize it as a heavy bag but that is just my opinion...

Super Contributor

Does the leopard embossing in the leather feel like it may wear off with use, like snake embossing? In close up pics it looks different than the snake. TIA

The leather is a better quality than the Roma 2, IMO. I don't think it will "wear" as much as it seems to be doing in my Roma 2.

Contributor

Considering the brown snake...is the brown snake soft or it it stiff like the ostrich in the other bags? Does the brown snake hold up well or does it peel like I have heard the cream snake does?

Thanks for any feed back you have!

Respected Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Kristy66 said:

Considering the brown snake...is the brown snake soft or it it stiff like the ostrich in the other bags? Does the brown snake hold up well or does it peel like I have heard the cream snake does?

Much softer than the ostrich. I have it in the Milano and I have had no peeling but I am easy on my bags. I love it. I have the roma 2 in cream snake and it's perfect too.
Valued Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Kristy66 said:

I returned the Milano in brown snake after I was tempted to get the black pebble leather one and fell in love with it! I loved the brown snake the first time I saw it, but had to get the replacement due to defective handles. However, by the second time I unpacked the bag, I wasn't so impressed with the brown snake any more....but I'm not a big fan of textured leather to begin with.... they say brown snake is not as glossy as cream snake, but it's still a bit shiny and from what I recall, to me personally it didn't feel like leather so I didn't keep it. -- just my opinion Smiley Happy oh, and it was super soft, the Milano puddled to the ground...well, table top, since my bags never hit the ground unless they are being kept hostage on a plane Smiley Wink
Respected Contributor

On 3/24/2015 LisaB said:

I got the brown snake. I LOVE it. It is definitely on the smallish side of medium and I think it is just adorable. It will be my last purchase from the GILI line. I now have only backpacks, plus a Brahmin weekender tote.

Gianni Notaro black - the backpack from which the original GILI backpack was styled. It is the largest, and will carry workout clothes, workout shoes, wallet, and makeup case - easily. It's full with those items inside, but I don't really have anything except the Brahmin weekender that carries those items with lots of room to spare.

Brahmin Zaino backpack, twilight croco - about the same size as the new GILI. It holds the clothes, wallet, and makeup case, but not the shoes.

GILI brown snake - functions the same as the Brahmin. I agree with those who find this pattern to be muted. I would even say it looks sandwashed, but that is OK with me. I don't want a glossy looking snake bag.

I carry all of my backpacks as backpacks on the way out of the office to my commute point each night. I have never had any problem with using them that way.

I have the Miliano in the brown snake and I love it!! Its got to look amazing in a backpack. This might be my last gili too. We are going to see the last of what Lisa had input on and it will no doubt take a different road. I have plenty of Gili bags to fill my needs.

Beyond the fact that I have enough of everything, I just don't feel drawn to anything that this new brand representative might put forward. I took a look at what she offered with her "organization and function" items and frankly found them gaudy and tasteless. I suspect we're in for more of the same once she and her mother take over the design reins (really?). I don't need to waste my time or money on that.

Respected Contributor

On 3/25/2015 Favorite Son said:
On 3/24/2015 LisaB said:

Beyond the fact that I have enough of everything, I just don't feel drawn to anything that this new brand representative might put forward. I took a look at what she offered with her "organization and function" items and frankly found them gaudy and tasteless. I suspect we're in for more of the same once she and her mother take over the design reins (really?). I don't need to waste my time or money on that.

I am with you sister. I have more than enough of everything and will just put all my money in my beautiful bags I already have and enjoy. Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Did anyone who preordered this, like me, notice the bag now has only $3 shipping on its facebook preview? It was 10-something when I ordered. I am thinking of calling customer service to get a credit, but I don't think they will since I placed my order over 30 days ago. They shouldn't go changing the shipping costs on us though.
Regular Contributor

Could use your HELP! with colors...I have the Roma 2 in "blush". Is the "petal" the same color or is it more pinky? I'm trying to decide between the "petal and the "terracotta". I think that the "blush" is somewhat neutral, but the "petal "looks more true pink and I can't figure out what color the "terracotta" is. TIA