Regular Contributor

TJ Maxx, Kate Spade, Coach, Dooney, Tig, B.Mak

I got housebound, and tired of grading so on the way back from the chiro I stopped at TJ Maxx. Thank goodness I had just read books about downsizing and I am not a Kate Spade fanatic, or I would have channeled the Kate Spade fans on this board and bought all 4 that I saw. Gorgeous!

I saw a KS black patent tote, but I have nearly the identical one from Maxx, NY. They had a gorgeous, smooth, sleek, black leather tote, the most tempting for me, for only $129!!!! Aren't you all amazed at my restraint? I am such a girly girl, and LOVED the two small patent satchels I saw with bow details, one was solid black, one (be still my heart) was black and white. SO tempting. Yes, if I was still buying for my imaginary life of attending teas and showers and church socials in Channel look-alike suits or ladylike circle skirts, I would have bought these in a heartbeat. Thank goodness that 17 years after leaving the upper east side of Manhattan, I've finally come to terms with the fact that I live in a ski town with 8 months of winter where fleece rules. Sigh.

Oh, the new for the season, bucket style Tigs that Q said was a Q exclusive were there for $79.99, $10 plus shipping less expensive than the Q. The black and cream and dark brown/clay combos are gorgeous, smooth leather, very classy looking. http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A210632.desc.Tignanello-Glove-Leat...

The Dooneys were nothing to write home about. Some zebra canvas wide totes with red leather trim that didn't look nice in person, a nice red leather tote with vachetta trim, a smaller, red tote style satchel. I liked one small hobo because I'd never seen the color before. It was a darker blue, trimmed with what looked like a navy leather, but it must have been black. I never heard of a Dooney with leather trim. There was one head turner, a purple leather dooney medium zipper pocket sac.

I didn't buy anything, but it was fun shopping and purse posing. The store wasn't crowded when I got there, but as soon as lunchtime hit the lines was out the door!