Honored Contributor

TIGNANELLO Please Define TRIM.....

I'm very interested in A266977, Tignanello's Distressed Leather Embossed Weave Backpack, for $119, BUT I know that Tig uses mixed materials.

No mention at all during the presentation regarding the leather body and the trim being man-made materials (PVC vinyl), so does that mean the top handle, straps and drawstring are made of vinyl? Does that include the pocket flaps, they looked slightly different in color? The interior trim is vinyl. I'm being serious because the first thing to go on these bags is the drawstring itself and the shoulder straps. I'd even put up with the shoulder straps if I knew the drawstring was leather... but no mention of the materials at all.... except that Tigs are genuine leather! And the body (or most of it) is leather, but it's disingenuous at best not to disclose how much vinyl they're using.

There needs to be much better clarification, I think a lot of ladies buy it thinking the entire bag is totally leather.

And the Product Description is lacking.

Very disappointing.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

Re: TIGNANELLO Please Define TRIM.....

If you read the discription, it does say 100% leather body
Honored Contributor

Yes, I read that, but what constitutes "Trim". Is a pocket Flap "trim" to the pocket? It's obviously not technically part of the body. Is the Drawstring part of the body? No.... so is that leather or vinyl. I really believe that this brand is integrating quite a lot of vinyl in its product and is being deliberately obtuse. I used to buy Tig all the time, when it WAS all leather. I buy used Tig handbags whenever I can and can tell that they are moving in the direction of far more vinyl on their bags than they are admitting to. They don't address it at all during the presentations and I believe a lot of ladies are being deceived by QVC and Tig not addressing this in detail up front.

There was one bag presented earlier that was also "100% leather body" however I believe the front and back of that bag IS leather but the two side panels are NOT! There was a difference in them compared to the front and back. I wouldn't be surprised.

I just want to know exactly what I'm buying for a hundred dollars and transparency in this would do a lot to promote trust in the brand.....

Super Contributor

I agree with you!! I am sure the handles and the bottom piece are not leather. They can trick us on whether or not the pockets are leather or not. I admit they do a great job of blending that it is very difficult to tell. which is real leather. I use to buy Tig bags all the time but now I am a Dooney lover. I like know that the bag is ALL leather!!

I don't do back packs but I think the one you mentioned is very pretty. The distressed brown one is gorgeous!!

Honored Contributor

Yes! I forgot to mention the bottoms!! Not leather on nearly all the newer used Tigs I've purchased!

I was partial to the distressed brown as well...

Honored Contributor

I agree it's unclear. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall one of the hosts actually noting the bottom of one of the Tig bags was vinyl... somehow citing it as a plus. Unbelievable the way they try to reframe and gild every lily... Personally, I only buy Tig these days when I can find it at discount. These are not the Tig bags of yesteryear.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

The last 2 or 3 Tigs I purchased, and returned, had vinyl trim and handles/straps. I returned them because they smelled soooo of that cheap PVC.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

On 4/6/2015 stevieb said:

I agree it's unclear. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall one of the hosts actually noting the bottom of one of the Tig bags was vinyl... somehow citing it as a plus. Unbelievable the way they try to reframe and gild every lily... Personally, I only buy Tig these days when I can find it at discount. These are not the Tig bags of yesteryear.

Jane T tends to be very transparent in her presentations, perhaps it was her?