Honored Contributor

Super Comfortable Woven Mary Janes

If you wear 5 or 5.5 wide, there are various colors of Skechers' woven Mary Janes (A263532) available.

I have problem feet, and since surgery I have worn size 6 medium, although I used to wear 5.5.  Well, my current size 6 feet fit very comfortably in the 5.5 of these.  The fact that they are woven and "stretch" probably makes the difference.  I have narrow ankles and a medium forefoot, so I thought maybe these would slide around b/c of the wider width, but they don't, yay!

http://www.qvc.com/Skechers-Woven-Mary-Janes-w-Memory-Foam---Good-Vibes.product.A263532.html?sc=SRCH

I do wish they made all the soles in a dark color, (would look less casual), but they are dreamily comfortable (love that Memory Foam), and playful and colorful for summer.  They come in a watercolor blue, navy, black, natural, a couple of multi choices, and pink.

A more feminine sneaker alternative!

Honored Contributor

Re: Super Comfortable Woven Mary Janes

[ Edited ]

@Oznell   I got multiple pairs of these shoes from Zulily last year.  Some were very inexpensive, some were name brands and were better made.  Many of them ran a bit small and if you have trouble with feet swelling, they became painful.  The most recent ones I got were Easy Spirit and were more comfortable.   My main complaint is that they are HOT.  Imagine wrapping your foot in rubber (Spandex) in summer how hot they'd be.  These are made of rubber bands.  That stretch and "give" gets very tight after a little wear, like an Ace bandage.   Wear them awhile then decide if they're still dreamy

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thanks for that, Kachina624.  So far, I haven't had the over-heating problem with them.  They almost feel like they "breathe" with me, weirdly.  And I have experienced that too-hot feeling with other comfort shoes, but not these.

I'll keep a lookout for that though, before I go wild ordering multiple colors, ha.

Esteemed Contributor

I own a couple of pairs of Skecher Parallel wedge sandals. One pair has an open back and one pair is a closed back sandal. That pair the heel is loose so I wear a silicone heel cup to keep them on. The backless sandals gave me blisters on the bottom of my feet and side of my toes when I was in Las Vegas in February. I did not have a problem with these sandals back in October though. 

I also have a black pair of Champion woven ballet flats that I bought from Payless shoes a couple of years ago and they fit fine.

i suspect that heat and humidity and woven elastic make for blisters no matter how well they fit.

Valued Contributor

I too have so much trouble with finding comfortable shoes and recently discovered this brand Bzees. Lots of choices in slip ons and sandals and many with dark soles.

http://www.bzees.com/slip-ons?icid=TopNav_SlipOns

Honored Contributor

tinker1121, great selection, thanks for your thoughtfulness in providing link!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last summer I bought 2 pairs of these stretch, woven shoes.  One pair was pricey, the other cheap.  When  I switched out to my summer shoes, on both pairs the soles were coming unglued..  I tried using a hit glue gun to fix them.  It didn't hold.