Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions Please

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear.  I could write a book on my search for attractive, supportive shoes.  I have multiple foot problems and have even had surgery on my collapsing ankles.  After much shopping and experimentation, I found Nurse Mates Shoes.  I buy most of them on Zulily at a big discount.  I prefer their shoes from the Align collection.  I've also bought them from other online shoe stores.  Here is my most recent purchase.  These are brighter and cuter in person.

20190208_125107.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions Please

[ Edited ]

So many super great suggestions!! Thank you so much.

Some of the stores listed we dont have near me but can look online. I dont like to order online but since all we have near  is a Kohls and JCP and some cheap shoe stores I will probably have to!!

Why are they making so many knit, foam and mesh shoes??  Guess they could care less about anyone that has issues.

Esteemed Contributor

@FlowerBear. I wear Asics with orthaheel supports. It’s a great combination! Do try them on since you have foot problems because there are many styles.

Valued Contributor

If you have a running shoe store near you, go in and tell them your issues and they will recommend shoes for you and may even be able to do a gait analysis.  I would recommend New Balance or Brooks.  You can go to their websites and look over the current shoes and they will state if they are neutral or stabilty shoes, etc.  I am hypermobile and there are only certain shoes I can wear, mainly New Balance 1080.  I must have tried on hundreds of shoes in the last few years and can say that even different colors in the same shoe can fit differently.  Also, these companies bring out new shoes each year and make changes, which is frustrating for someone like me.  For something other than a sneaker, I can briefly wear Alegria, Aetrex Jillian, and for daily in the house wear, I have soft footbed Birkis from years ago.  I am also a big ebay shopper for shoes that I know will definitely work.  But, you really must go to a store and try sneakers on to get the best fit.  Good luck!. 

Respected Contributor

@sunsetbeach wrote:

If you have a running shoe store near you, go in and tell them your issues and they will recommend shoes for you and may even be able to do a gait analysis.  I would recommend New Balance or Brooks.  You can go to their websites and look over the current shoes and they will state if they are neutral or stabilty shoes, etc.  I am hypermobile and there are only certain shoes I can wear, mainly New Balance 1080.  I must have tried on hundreds of shoes in the last few years and can say that even different colors in the same shoe can fit differently.  Also, these companies bring out new shoes each year and make changes, which is frustrating for someone like me.  For something other than a sneaker, I can briefly wear Alegria, Aetrex Jillian, and for daily in the house wear, I have soft footbed Birkis from years ago.  I am also a big ebay shopper for shoes that I know will definitely work.  But, you really must go to a store and try sneakers on to get the best fit.  Good luck!. 

Here’s another vote for Brooks! I used to swear by Rykas and still have a few pairs in the closet. I tried Brooks sometime last year and really liked them. They’re pricey, but I can usually find them on sale online. 

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear

Vionics on line.  

It’s a problem, I know.

Good luck.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 - those are so cute - are they lightweight?

Honored Contributor

@riley1.  Very lightweight with a wonderful arch support which is removable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment