Super Contributor

Suggestion for sandal - comfort

Long story short-recovering from car accident with a shattered ankle. I have an external metal cast and am not having any luck with a shoe/sandal to wear if I need to leave the house. Any suggestions adjustable flip flop, shoe or sandal? TIA
Super Contributor

Re: Suggestion for sandal - comfort

Honored Contributor

@3blackdogs -Gosh that is so awful!

I know this may sound ridiculous but I have gotten sandals, flip flops from Rite Aid several times.

you can sometimes find the kind with a velcro band across the width so you can adjust it.

Many drug stores have these-also Walmart if one is nearby.

Or try online.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Frequent Contributor

You should try a pair of Crocs.  They come in many styles and you can cut them if you need to alter them so your foot fits.  You can get them on line or at a department store.  I believe QVC sells them also.

Honored Contributor

Try the Foot Smart site.  They have all kinds of shoes and accessories for foot problems.

Trusted Contributor

Teva Hurricanes. You can buy them on their website, Amazon, many places. 3 adjustable straps, although, I don't know how big your cast is. 

Valued Contributor

I would try crocs brand or fitflop branc.

\

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

Check with your ortho doctor.  The office should be able to supply you with a ortho sandal that is adjustable and made to work with your cast and covered by most insurance plans as durable medical equipment.

I have had to use them in the past when I shattered my left ankle.

Super Contributor

I did talk with them, I don’t have an actual cast it’s an external “fixator” and the bolts on the bottom prevent most things. It was due to the reconstruction they did. My son used a thing from this ortho for his Achilles.
Thank you though!!
Super Contributor

Thank you for the suggestions I will check it out. I’m in this until August, so no new shoes for me🤪. Thanks.