Honored Contributor

Re: Style from the 60s - anyone remember?

Poor boy sweaters.

Trusted Contributor

These look like mine. Almost flat black heel, from what I recall. 

MiniSkirtGoGoBoots.jpg

Honored Contributor

Yes, wore go go boots in black and brown, not white and fishnets. Mini dresses and Neru jackets as mini dresses because I was petite. Big bell bottom pants, halter tops and platform shoes. I loved that time of my life.

Respected Contributor

I remember the fishnet stockings, the mini skirts and dresses.  I had a pair of the white boots.  Also, I remember the maxi coats; they went down to the floor.  And, I had a few of the Poor Boy sweaters that were ribbed and longer.  Do you remember the quilted small floral jackets; they came from Carnaby Street too.  Late 60s early 70s, the wet look coats, shoes, bags.  I had a few of them.  Remember the Pilgrim shoes with the buckles and also the back of the heals were rimmed in gold.I wore those bell bottoms with the polyester floral tight shirts.  Ah the memories! Seems like yesterday I was a teenager!

Trusted Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

I remember the fishnet stockings, the mini skirts and dresses.  I had a pair of the white boots.  Also, I remember the maxi coats; they went down to the floor.  And, I had a few of the Poor Boy sweaters that were ribbed and longer.  Do you remember the quilted small floral jackets; they came from Carnaby Street too.  Late 60s early 70s, the wet look coats, shoes, bags.  I had a few of them.  Remember the Pilgrim shoes with the buckles and also the back of the heals were rimmed in gold.I wore those bell bottoms with the polyester floral tight shirts.  Ah the memories! Seems like yesterday I was a teenager!

Go to vintagedancer dot com

Under the pull-down menu, they have an option for the history of fashion through the decades. 

Honored Contributor

Saddle oxfords, bobby socks, cardigans worn backeards, a single strand of pearls, crinoline petticoats under full skirts, pettipants, sweater sets.  No jeans or pants on my college campus.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to watch the TV shows Hullaballo & Shindig with the dancers and I wanted a pair of white gogo boots so badly!  I  never got them but wore fishnets stockings and it was always a relief to take them off!  They would leave little marks on your legs and feet and really were uncomfortable.

As others mentioned just before pantyhose came along we wore stockings that were held up with garters.  I can remember in Jr high wearing mini skirts (we used to roll them up) but when we sat down you could see the garters....not a good look!

By the time I was in high school (1968) we were allowed to wear jeans....and from then on  it's what I wore most of the time in school.

Esteemed Contributor

I had to go go boots white, and a beautiful orange knit hot pants that I wore to work and not an office job.  My job was a lot of fun.  

Esteemed Contributor

No GoGo boots for me but I vividly remember getting my first bell bottom jeans. Got them at a store called K-Mart. I begged my mom for weeks and she finally gave in. My sister did the boots and the hot pants!  She danced on ****** Clark’s show. Nice memories. Thanks for reminding me of simpler times @ScenicMaine  ✌️❤️

Honored Contributor

I didn't have Nancy's boots but for some ungodly reason parent(s) bought me a pr of white rain boots to wear in the rain, snow - I don't know. I absolutely HATED these things, would not wear them (in my teens when this happened). I'd walk out of the house in them but then took them off and hid them outside in the garage. These boots then we wore over our shoes. One day of course my mother found them. This did not go well for me at all. Can't remember what happened but knowing how my mom was, she probably (1) told my Dad, the (2) tossed them in the trash just because I ****** her off just that much telling me she'd never buy me anything ever again!!!!

Those boots were not made for my walking for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!