Trusted Contributor

Style from the 60s - anyone remember?

" Go Go boots" .. like Nancy Sinatra had?

Back in elementary school, I was so excited when my Mom bought me a pair (very low heels.)  Many girls at the time wanted them.  

Wish I could remember the name of the stockings back then .. not leotards, but more of a "fishnet style?"  Is that the correct style that had the open, diamond look design?

Did any of you get on the "go-go boots" train?

Honored Contributor

Re: Style from the 60s - anyone remember?

I didn’t wear fashion boots, but got some snow boots that were tall and white.  I called them my gogo boots!

Also wore fishnet tights. I think I had two colors, and rinsed a pair out every night so I could always have a backup pair!

Honored Contributor

I was working.  Corporate attire. 

A-line dresses 

Sheath dresses.  

Carnaby Street look ... 

Mod  look

Mondrian color blocking ...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No go go boots, but I had a lot of fishnet tights....white, black, pink, and lime green lol!  I felt quite groovy whrn I wore them.

I had a couple mini dresses with Nehru collars....because Davy Jones wore shirts with those collars!

Valued Contributor

I have looked and looked for a pair of white leather mid calf low heal rounded toe boot similar to a go go boot. I think they will come back around but I still want a pair now.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

My very first hair cut was the Twiggy cut.  Went perfectly w/my fishnet stockings, white go-go boots & hot pants. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Pantyhose replaced thigh high stockings that you used to have to use a garter belt to hold them up in the late 60s because mini skirts and dresses were so short that the tops of the stockings would show. I definitely had fishnet stockings in 1968 and kitten heel black T strap pumps too. I wish I could find similar T strap black shoes like those today!

Honored Contributor

I remember the go-go boots but they didn't make them in children's sizes -- only womens.  I remember wearing the fish nets and Dr. Kildare and Ben Casey doctor shirts.  Flowered mini skirts with wide belts.

Respected Contributor

Oh yes!!! I too loved go-go boots, i was but a tot and remember telling my parents I wanted to dance in a cage like they used to on Laugh-In....my dad sternly telling me NOT OVER HIS DEAD BODY....when I grew up I realized how absurd such dreams from a tot must've sounded!

Respected Contributor

Image result for colored nylons in the 60s

Oh yeah!  Had every color available...

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~