Trusted Contributor

For years I used to take my shoes to a local cobbler to stretch out professionally, was so happy when 'wide' shoes became more available in multiple styles.

Respected Contributor

I recently discovered that my old Eddie Bauer waterproof work boots are just a bit tighter now.  This is due to my having surgery on my right big toe (it is fused at a slight angle) and the joint is a bit bigger  post surgery.  I also have tailor's bunion on my left foot.  So I just bought a boot stretcher to see if I can create just a bit more room to accommodate my post surgery foot.   Hope it works because I love my old work boots.   Just one more thing as I get older......

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Re: Stretching Shoes

[ Edited ]

@Jk9 wrote:

I recently discovered that my old Eddie Bauer waterproof work boots are just a bit tighter now.  This is due to my having surgery on my right big toe (it is fused at a slight angle) and the joint is a bit bigger  post surgery.  I also have tailor's bunion on my left foot.  So I just bought a boot stretcher to see if I can create just a bit more room to accommodate my post surgery foot.   Hope it works because I love my old work boots.   Just one more thing as I get older......

@Jk9 

Over tighten since manmade doesn't want to stretch at all.  The more thin the boot is, the better.