Occasional Visitor

My daughter has the same problem when she does not wear socks with shoes.

I bought some Poo Pourri from QVC, a bottle of Shoe Pourri came with the order.  You spray it in the shoe let it dry.  If needed repeat the process.  The order diminishes.

Can't say if it will help the Skechers brand, but it helped my daughter's athletic shoes that were the all knit kind.

New Contributor

This has been an issue with Skechers for years and they obviously have no interestin fixing this horrible problem.  Just Google 'Skechers stink' and you'll see what I mean.  There are comments from 2006.  And it doesn't matter if you do or do not wear socks, it is the material apparently that they make Skechers with and getting them wet, like walking in dewey grass or walking in some rain seems to be the worst.  You just have to throw the shoes away.  They should come with a warning that they are disposable shoes.  Too bad because they are so comfortable.  Wish they would fix this problem of stench.

New Contributor

It's not sweaty feet that causes the stink, it's the shoe.  I do not have sweaty feet but got the shoes slightly wet getting caught in the rain while wearing them and had to throw them away because there was no getting that horrible smell out even after letting them air dry out right away and in the sun, it's whatever they make their shoe out of.  It's a known problem.  Google 'skechers stink'.  

My husband & I have the same problem. It's Skechers and no other shoes. Yes, we are very clean people, have worn socks & use Dr Sholl's spray but it doesn't work. There is some type of product used that produces the stench. I have laundered & air dried the shoes & they still stink. I have other shoes of the same style & they don't stink. For example, I had to throw away the Skecher slippers after a few months but I've had my Sorel slippers for 2 years & there is no smell.

Contributor

I have a couple pairs of Skecher's and they are the only shoes I've ever had problems with in the "funk" category. I keep them around and use them when I mow the yard. I am going to wear those puppies until they fall apart. I want to get my money's worth. And the look on my cat's face when I take them off after mowing is hilarious. 

Esteemed Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@carjamwrote:

First, I love the comfort of Skechers and I have many! But in short time of wearing, they smell so bad-yes, like horrible stinky feet. The tennis shoes do not smell only the slip ons. I have tried the washing machine, putting out in the sun, oxyclean, baking soda, vinegar-you name it. Still smells BAD! There seems to be several threads on the internet about this very problem. I was hoping some of my QVC shoppers might have a solution! 

@carjam

How often do you wash your feet?

Have you ever tried putting them in the washing machine?

@EatWell

@carjam

I love your two questions:

1) How often do you wash your feet?

2) Have you ever tried putting them in the washing machine?

Her feet or the sneakers? Woman LOL

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I wash my Skechers with this Lysol stuff. It works!

download (1).jpg