Super Contributor

Re: Stevieb, EEL, TK & Co. - 2015 chat about handbags & more

On 1/3/2015 FASHIONISTA DIVA said: Hello, Ladies! After two years of wanting a Michael Kors Hamilton EW Tote, I finally made that purchase today at TJ Maxx! It's the large version in black with the silver hardware, and I must admit that I'm truly, truly in awe and thrilled with my purchase! I'm so excited to try something other than D&B...lol...This is my very first purchase of MK and I feel like a kid at Christmas...haha...

Congrats on your new bag! I ordered a brown croco embossed MK Hamilton N/S Tote last week and it should arrive Monday or Tuesday (hopefully). I can't wait! I have two other MK bags and they are very well made. I love all of the interior slip and zipper pockets, very convenient.

Smile

Regular Contributor

On 1/3/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/3/2015 FASHIONISTA DIVA said: Hello, Ladies! After two years of wanting a Michael Kors Hamilton EW Tote, I finally made that purchase today at TJ Maxx! It's the large version in black with the silver hardware, and I must admit that I'm truly, truly in awe and thrilled with my purchase! I'm so excited to try something other than D&B...lol...This is my very first purchase of MK and I feel like a kid at Christmas...haha...

Well then it was time! There's a whole wide world of bags out there aside from Dooney... Enjoy your new Kors bag! The Hamilton is destined to become somewhat of a classic. He's sold a lot of them, but it was a 'first', of sorts, on the handbag scene and has proven very popular. I really like the silhouette!

Stevie, ITA...lol...The silhouette of the bag is so classy and the feel of the leather is divine! I almost can't wait to go back to school (my work) on Monday to show it off...haha...My coworkers/friends will freak out to see I'm carrying something other than a Dooney, considering I'm the "Dooney Queen" among my friends!
Regular Contributor

On 1/3/2015 rdiazMiami said:

Congrats on your new bag! I ordered a brown croco embossed MK Hamilton N/S Tote last week and it should arrive Monday or Tuesday (hopefully). I can't wait! I have two other MK bags and they are very well made. I love all of the interior slip and zipper pockets, very convenient.

Smile

Thanks! I was surprised how roomy the interior actually is, especially with all the pockets! I guess I had just gotten used to the same ole pockets interior of the Dooney's...ha...But I still love my D&B...Plus, I noticed that the middle compartment has somewhat of a "cushiony" feeling as well. I can't believe I waited this long to take the MK leap...haha... Enjoy your new purchase too!
Valued Contributor

I'm playing sudoku on my tablet, to distract myself from shopping, and that game is driving me crazy!!! Lol. Easy level is only sometimes easy....and no hints!!! I already know the basic strategy but when I'm done with the easy part, there is no way to guess the "leftovers".....
Valued Contributor

On 1/4/2015 tough_kitty said: I'm playing sudoku on my tablet, to distract myself from shopping, and that game is driving me crazy!!! Lol. Easy level is only sometimes easy....and no hints!!! I already know the basic strategy but when I'm done with the easy part, there is no way to guess the "leftovers".....
Looks like, it's all about luck with the "leftovers"..... staying busy Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 tough_kitty said: I'm playing sudoku on my tablet, to distract myself from shopping, and that game is driving me crazy!!! Lol. Easy level is only sometimes easy....and no hints!!! I already know the basic strategy but when I'm done with the easy part, there is no way to guess the "leftovers".....

Well, unless you want a four hundred dollar blender, something else for the kitchen... or a pricey Sleep Number bed, you should be safe today, as it's YET another day of boring, repetitive, multi-hour devoted to the same product, 'throw away' programming, which the Q has gotten very, very good at... There should be nothing to tempt one... There surely isn't anything tempting me... to watch, much less to buy.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

On 1/4/2015 stevieb said:

Well, unless you want a four hundred dollar blender, something else for the kitchen... or a pricey Sleep Number bed, you should be safe today, as it's YET another day of boring, repetitive, multi-hour devoted to the same product, 'throw away' programming, which the Q has gotten very, very good at... There should be nothing to tempt one... There surely isn't anything tempting me... to watch, much less to buy.

Lol. Yeah....maybe they just cannot attract any new vendors? Seems like most of their electronics are outdated, their clothes are usually overpriced, and most of their cosmetics aren't sold elsewhere....what does it tell you about those products.... The only thing I'd be tempted to buy is jewelry....and I think those shows are coming up on Thursday..... fortunately I'll be at work most of the day, busy in a meeting....
Respected Contributor

I purchased my Vitamix directly from Vitamix years ago. I received the dry grains container, cookbook, and a much better warranty by purchasing directly from the company. I also would never consider purchasing a mattress from a shopping channel. I literally spent HOURS trying multiple mattresses to find the perfect one. So I am not watching the Q for these items. C'mon, QVC a, you can come up with some new vendors and better offerings! *YAWN*
Regular Contributor

Also, as I posted on another thread...Both Dyson and the computer shop are coming up respectively on the 6th and 11th. Safe to say I'm not worried about either of those TSVs...ha...
Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 skyblue said: I purchased my Vitamix directly from Vitamix years ago. I received the dry grains container, cookbook, and a much better warranty by purchasing directly from the company. I also would never consider purchasing a mattress from a shopping channel. I literally spent HOURS trying multiple mattresses to find the perfect one. So I am not watching the Q for these items. C'mon, QVC a, you can come up with some new vendors and better offerings! *YAWN*

So true. I'd no more buy a mattress I'd never tried out than the man in the moon... I get it that for a very small group of people, maybe QVC is virtually their only choice but for the vast majority of us there are so many options that it just seems like either laziness or extreme foolhardiness that they persist with the same brands programmed relentlessly with hour long presentations five and six times a day and quarter to half hour presentations virtually every hour of the day... I get it that they want to cast a wide net, but really, ENOUGH already! It's unwatchable.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...