Honored Contributor

Re: Stevieb, EEL, TK & Co. - 2015 chat about handbags & more

On 1/2/2015 Laura14 said:

I went on a Memorial Day ban last year after Valentine's Day I think. It did not end pretty. I really need to do one again but I still have PTSD from those lost three months. Hats off to even attempting a whole year!

Good for you, Laura14, for those three months last year!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

On 1/1/2015 tough_kitty said: My new year resolution was not to buy anything until the black Friday but I ordered the x-ring with tanzanite last year, even though it gets shipped in March so I think I'm good Smiley Wink

TK: You have an ambitious resolution, and I totally admire you for it!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Good luck, EEL

Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 stevieb said:

No new bags for me... No sir. Not me. I'm going to be strong...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hmmm stevieb, I see that laugh there...we will TRY, right?!?! Oh man, it's going to be hard to stop buying handbags!!! There is just no more room to store them anymore...I must enjoy what I have...some of my Dooneys are brand new, unused, from two years ago!

Signed: EEL, a true bag lady

Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 Favorite Son said:

Dooney ladies, I need some product assistance. What is the leather that is heavy, with a very fine grain? I do not think I have ever seen this leather before. I just bought a huge zipper sac made of this leather, in black. It replaces my Roma 2, and it's fabulous. Incidentally, I never saw the zipper sac in the large style before, either.

Hi Favorite Son: Very fine grain may be Calf Leather, which is a good weight but not as heavy as Florentine, so I'm really not quite sure about your new treasure. Congratulations on finding it!

Lavenderjunkie: Can you help, please?

LJ is great at describing the differences of the various Dooney leathers. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

Favorite Son: do you have the Dooney product code for your handbag? Maybe I could track it down that way. I can't tell from your description what the style is, so I don't know if it's the calf leather or maybe Dillen I or Portofino (older styles that might be around, depending upon where you bought your handbag). I know that Dooney had large sacs in the calf leather (had big O rings to connect the shoulder strap, but top is not zippered), in a line called Juliette which I think was Dillen I leather, also in Portofino which was a soft, thick leather. There were also some sacks in earlier leathers.

Need more info.... product code and where you bought the handbag... a picture would help too.

Alto is a fine grain, but I don't think they make sack styles because it's a thick structured leather.

Super Contributor

On 1/2/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

Well, I had an epiphany over the past couple of days while lurking and reading "SIMPLIFY 2015-join us if you want to commit to spending less and want support! Week 1" ...

SO I JUST JOINED! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

You ladies know how much I love handbags, but I also love clothes and jewelry ("typical girl" I guess). It's getting to be too much all around. It hit me when I had to buy a cabinet to tuck in the corner of our living room so I could store Dooneys in there! Very bad!!!

I went through my main closet today and found three huge bags of clothes to donate.

I STARTED on my handbags and found 10 that will be removed so far.

I owe Mr. Lily SEVERAL cakes due to the Dooney purchases last month.

Kind of freaking out, ladies! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Yikes, EEL

Congrats, EEL! I've been following that thread and find it very inspirational.

Valued Contributor

Wow, I changed departments at work today so didn't have a chance to read the forum, and what do you know -- looks like I have a lot of catching up to do!!! Smiley Happy Well, LADIES, thank you all for your input....at the end of the day, it all comes down to how much can one afford, and in my case, I simply cannot afford to shop for anymore handbags ....anytime soon! 2015 for me is all about saving $ and getting in shape....oh wait, there is no way for me to save money....I still have multiple "easy pay" installments I need to take care of..... sigh.
Valued Contributor

Also, I realized that I'm spending too much time shopping for new stuff, and not enough time actually enjoying the recent purchases! I think I have purchased more than enough clothes, shoes, jewelry, and handbags last year. This year it's time to use them all! Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

On 1/2/2015 tough_kitty said: Also, I realized that I'm spending too much time shopping for new stuff, and not enough time actually enjoying the recent purchases! I think I have purchased more than enough clothes, shoes, jewelry, and handbags last year. This year it's time to use them all! Smiley Happy

Tough Kitty, I am so there with you. I am vowing to enjoy what I have more and purchase less.

Deb

Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 rdiazMiami said:
On 1/2/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

Well, I had an epiphany over the past couple of days while lurking and reading "SIMPLIFY 2015-join us if you want to commit to spending less and want support! Week 1" ...

SO I JUST JOINED! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

You ladies know how much I love handbags, but I also love clothes and jewelry ("typical girl" I guess). It's getting to be too much all around. It hit me when I had to buy a cabinet to tuck in the corner of our living room so I could store Dooneys in there! Very bad!!!

I went through my main closet today and found three huge bags of clothes to donate.

I STARTED on my handbags and found 10 that will be removed so far.

I owe Mr. Lily SEVERAL cakes due to the Dooney purchases last month.

Kind of freaking out, ladies! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Yikes, EEL

Congrats, EEL! I've been following that thread and find it very inspirational.

Thank you, RDM!!! Smile I loved this!

Yesterday I spazzed out and bought a Dooney on Lunchtime Special but came to my senses and canceled my order a few minutes later. Geez!

I'm worried about Gem day and the Gold day both coming up soon...oh man!