Contributor

I find every pair of Allegria shoes that I have ...and I have eight or nine pair ..started to squeak either after a short period of time or within a year. I’m really irritated that I have to take the insoles out continuously put talcum powder in them continuously and put the soles back in. Could someone at QVC please let this company know this is a problem and maybe we can get it fixed. I am thinking of going back to Burkes never had any problems with them.

Respected Contributor

@Debsters   i've had squeekers with the alegria shoes as well.

Respected Contributor

I have several pairs of Alegrias that squeak and thought it was connected to the fact that some of the bottoms were removable. Originally thought it was air/moisture that got in between the shoe and sole and thus adding the powder would help the squeaking. This is a good suggestion and I hope they can fix someday because it's not just with Alegria but other brands as well.

Honored Contributor

This is a fairly common complaint about Alegrias, but I've got about 18 pairs and have never had one squeek.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I had the same problem with their shoes and even had the "strap" between the toes to break loose.  Lots of money in the trash.

Respected Contributor

I googled the problem and found a couple of posts that say putting a dryer sheet under the insole works. Another person said removing the insole and putting WD40 around the oustide and inside edge of the insole works. I can't vouch for either solution....just sayin' there are things to try in addition to the talc powder fix.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

This is a fairly common complaint about Alegrias, but I've got about 18 pairs and have never had one squeek.

@Kachina624 

18 pairs!

You, too? Woman LOL

(Actually, I think I'm closer to 24.)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I introduced a friend to the brand and she purchased new pairs to wear on a trip to Europe.  She squeaked in every country.

But the remedy she discovered was VO5 in the tube.

I may have to try it because I have some squeakers, too.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee   I've heard people say sprinkling some body powder under the footbed helps.  Maybe some corn starch?  Actually I have too many pairs of Alegrias to count; eighteen is a conservative estimate.  I get them mostly at alegriashoeshop.com when they have clearance sales.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee   I've heard people say sprinkling some body powder under the footbed helps.  Maybe some corn starch?  Actually I have too many pairs of Alegrias to count; eighteen is a conservative estimate.  I get them mostly at alegriashoeshop.com when they have clearance sales.

@Kachina624 

Yup -- that's where I get mine, too.

I have some old Emeraude-scented powder... may give that a shot. Woman LOL