Super Contributor

I ordered my first pair of Spenco shoes the other day and they arrived, I believe straight from the manufacturer. They were not in a box but rather in a plastic bag. The presentation wasn't awful but I was a little surprised there was no box. I was wondering since they appear to be sent directly from the manufacturer whether this is what they now do. 

Btw, shoes look fine with no obvous wear so I can't be certain if they are a return or not.

Thoughts? Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Spenco shoes

[ Edited ]

I purchased two pair at the start of summer and they came in plastic bags also.  One was a slide and the other a flip-flop.  I figured that's why.

Respected Contributor

@nycgirl79  I think my spenco sandals were in a bag as well.  Probably trying to save $ on packaging since a bag is much cheaper then a box.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@nycgirl79  I think my spenco sandals were in a bag as well.  Probably trying to save $ on packaging since a bag is much cheaper then a box.

I thought the same thing.  Although it's an orthotic line, considering the price point I don't feel they are a good quality "shoe."

Honored Contributor

@nycgirl79 

I recently received my first pair of Spenco sandals. I believe they came from the manufacturer but they were in a shoebox.

Respected Contributor

Re: Spenco shoes

[ Edited ]

I ordered a pair of Spenco memory foam flip flops from Q and that also came in a bag also. They arrived safely, so A bag was fine. I love the footbed and arch supports very much, and well priced.  I will try more from this brand.  

Regular Contributor

I purchased two pairs of Spenco shoes this summer.  One arrived in a boc\x, the other in a bag.  Neither pair of shoes worked for me.  Both were too wide and looked horrible on my foot. 

I hope the shoes work for you!

Honored Contributor

I ordered 2 pair of the Spenco slides that were a TSV not too long ago.  I get a ton of wear out of them.  Love, love, love the arch support!  True, they don't look all that pretty, but with my foot issues I'm more about the comfort they provide me in the arch area.  (Mine arrived in bags, which is fine my me since I throw away the boxes (recycle) anyway.)

Honored Contributor

I have 3 pair of the Spenco flip flops and they all came in a plastic bag. I have 2 pair of the clogs and they came in a box. Out of all the orthopedic type foot bed shoes and sandals I own, I like the Spenco footbed best.