Respected Contributor

I wear a size 10  and have flat feet.  I cannot wear vionics because the arch is too high and is VERY uncomfortable.  I am trying to find a shoe with a moderate arch support.  Spenco seems to be a possibility but I just hate to pay for s & p both ways just to try them. Any other suggestions?  I have inserts but cannot fit them in all of my shoes especiaily sandles which i live in during the summer.\

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl   I also have flat feet and wear a size 11.  I find the arch support in Spencoes to be more gentle than Vionics and much more comfortable.  Spencoes often run a little too wide for me, however.  I also like Alegrias which have a very gentle arch

Vionic seems to vary wildly in the size of the arch.  I recently bought a pair of Vionic loafers on Zulily which we're just perfect.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have a high arch and instep, but for me Birkenstock's soft footbed is too soft.  Might be something to try.

Alegria also has a moderate arch.

Vionic is too hard even for me.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I also agree with the above posters.  I wear Spenco year

round because I love their support. I have two pair as house shoes.  Alegria are also a

good choice for comfort and support.  I have purchased

both from Qvc and did not have to return.  

Valued Contributor
I have flat feet & stand with my job.I enjoy Spenco sandals & closed toe slides.Hope they work for you if you order.I have a larger foot 9.5-10 & I find the shoe wider but I like..
Valued Contributor
I saw a Spenco sandal on sale that I bought last year.Don't wear all the time.It still looks good.Got it in like a seafoam color.
Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl  I have a very high arch but my podiatrist still recommended I get orthotic inserts to help with the pain of a pinched nerve I have in one of my toes.  I bought the Spenco orthotics from the Q and loved them so much I bought another pair! I've been wearing them in different shoes daily and I have had absolutely no pain! They are trimmable also so they fit into any pair of shoes I wear. I highly recommend them.