Visitor

I have a neuroma in my left foot, and have had surgery on both ankles. I LOVE the metatarsal dome in Spenco because of my neuroma; however, I feel like Alegria gives more structure.  That being said, the rigidness of Alegria can be rough on surgically repaired ankles.  Does anyone else have any familiarity with these two types of shoes?  What are your opinions? Alegria has so many more styles to choose from. Everytime they release a new type of Spenco, it sells out before I even see it. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

.Alegria is a much better constructed shoe, there really is no comparison.   I got a pair of Spencoes which I've been wearing. around the house for about 6 weeks.  They're already starting to look somewhat shabby whereas Alegria could go on for years and never show signs of wear.  I feel like Alegria is much more supportive for my fallen arched and weak ankles. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Hands down my vote is for Alegria .  I need a structured, supportive shoe, and have never been disappointed with this brand.

Spenco was a disappointment as far as providing what I need.   I did like the slip-on ease of the shoe, but felt stress and pain in my hips and knees, which I do not normally experience.   

My feet have changed a lot in the years since my knee replacements.  I have gone from Easy Spirit, Clark’s and Merrell to Alegria and Brooks for the comfort and structure I need.   

Respected Contributor

I've been wearing Alegria ever since I discovered it on QVC.  They are one of the only footbeds I can wear.  I tried Spenco and sent them back.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Frequent Contributor

I am another vote for Alegria.  I tried Spenco and I just did not get the support I needed.  When I wear my Alegria shoes, my feet never feel tired or hurt.  They did when i tried Spenco.  they went back.  All i wear now are my Alegria shoes.  So happy they are starting to come out with more stylish shoes.