Honored Contributor

I really wanted to buy these, but I see that apart from the fuzzy top lining, they’re identical to my summer slides, i.e. they have the plastic footbed. NOT warm & cozy for cool/cold weather.

For anyone who feels the same, there are at least two other Spenco slipper slide styles sold on Amazon that DO have faux warm fuzzy on the insole as well. I just purchased a pair for $5 less than the non-fuzzy pair QVC is selling with free shipping.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I really wanted to buy these, but I see that apart from the fuzzy top lining, they’re identical to my summer slides, i.e. they have the plastic footbed. NOT warm & cozy for cool/cold weather.

For anyone who feels the same, there are at least two other Spenco slipper slide styles sold on Amazon that DO have faux warm fuzzy on the insole as well. I just purchased a pair for $5 less than the non-fuzzy pair QVC is selling with free shipping.

@Moonchilde  Do they offer arch support?

Honored Contributor

I don't want faux fuzzy in my slippers.  I want real, bona-fide shearling from a real sheep.  That what's warm and cozy, and absorbs perspiration, and breathes.  I'll pay a premium to get it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@haddon9 Yes, they’re very similar to Vionics, which I need to wear most of the time.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@haddon9 Yes, they’re very similar to Vionics, which I need to wear most of the time.

@Moonchilde Thank you!  I was wondering about them and I also wear Vionics most of the time as well.  I have an old pair of Vionic slippers on now and they need to be replaced.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Moonchilde Thank you!  I was wondering about them and I also wear Vionics most of the time as well.  I have an old pair of Vionic slippers on now and they need to be replaced.

@haddon9, I have washed my Vionic Gemma slippers in the washer on gentle cycle and put them in the dryer on low for 15-20 min and then let them air dry. They were none the worse for wear, but still looked as if I hadn’t washed them - and felt like it - in other words, although I knew they were clean they still looked worn & ick. 

I don’t mind so much if a slipper or shoe is a one-season throw-away if it costs $50 or less, but a slipper that looks frumpy and can’t be washed to good effect that costs $70-$80-$90 is much less appealing. Now that I know Spenco shoes work for me I’ll buy more because their prices are just better. Limited styles, though.

Honored Contributor

I know what you mean but I have my Vionic slippers for probably 5 years now and got my money's worth.  I bought a second pair of the same ones two years ago and switch back & forth. 

However I would like another nicer looking pair but not only are thy pricey but the more stylish ones seem to be tighter in the toes for me.

I'll give the Spencos a try.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

To which Spenco item are you referring?

Trusted Contributor

I ordered the Spenco "big deal" slides and got them today.   (Whaaaaa...???   That's the fastest shipping EVER, but they came direct from Spenco in Waco TX and I'm in Houston.)    Anyway, I'm a Spenco fan and these are great... very comfy and cute.   I'm not using them as slippers but will wear them with jeans or leggings.   Good value for real suede, IMO. 

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

To which Spenco item are you referring?

@jonbon, the top photo is what I bought on Amazon. The second photo is what QVC was selling. I didn’t pay that price, I only paid half that with free shipping.There was more than one person selling those shoes. I wanted slippers that had a fuzzy footbed, not the plastic. I have a pair of these mules in a summer denim with the plastic footbed and wanted warmer for winter.

4C62D053-255A-484E-B731-A129B0B932B5.jpeg51A952D5-7F71-49DC-8809-D092D4F5DEEF.jpeg