Honored Contributor

Re: Sorry, Vionic

[ Edited ]

@tansy wrote:

I received emails that FootSmart was closing, too.

i see you have two foot issues, @Moonchilde, but my DIL was told by her doctor to wear Danskos for PF.  

Apparently, The Walking Co took over FootSmart.

@tansy, Danskos are good shoes but I don't like most of their styles. I like neither clogs nor hard, stiff leather :-(

The Walking Company has physical stores and sells their own brand of orthotic shoes and separate orthotics as well - and they sell online too. I wonder why they wanted Footsmart? Maybe to put their own shoes in the Footsmart catalog.

I also like Aetrex shoes (built-in footbed similar to Vionic's), but they make X number of a style, and then make no more. I would recently have bought two pair from them, but they were sold out in my size in both shoes in any color I'd consider :-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
New Contributor

I highly doubt Vionics is what returned your PF. The main way to get rid of it is to ice your foot every single day using a juice jar with frozen ice in it and roll your foot on that for 15 minutes at a time, at least 4 times a day and always wear shoes with support for your arch. Vionic saved my feet and knees. I even have their slippers now which I love because we have wood floors and my heel has a spur which smarts sharply if I do not have footwear on.

Honored Contributor

@Wangmo wrote:

I highly doubt Vionics is what returned your PF. The main way to get rid of it is to ice your foot every single day using a juice jar with frozen ice in it and roll your foot on that for 15 minutes at a time, at least 4 times a day and always wear shoes with support for your arch. Vionic saved my feet and knees. I even have their slippers now which I love because we have wood floors and my heel has a spur which smarts sharply if I do not have footwear on.

Uh...no one here has said Vionics gave them PF - quite the opposite.

And if you don't say, no one here has a clue which post you're replying to.

Super Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

Dear OP, I relate to your post almost 100% because from 2007-2009 I suffered with PF as well. It was so bad I needed cortisone injections in both feet.

This is not a plug, but what solved my PF issue was wearing Fitflop shoes inside as house shoes all the time in addition to a pair of shearling boots when going out when it was really bad. I would say it took a few months for my feet and leg muscles to strengthen and about a year or so for me to wear heels again. I can now wear any type of shoe when going out as long as I wear Fitflops with the original wobbleboard technology inside the house.

The company was sued in 2014 and settled without admitting fault for making claims regarding toning of the feet and legs so they don't promote that aspect anymore. But I can tell you from my own experience for 10 years that they worked for my PF and I have benefited from the toning aspect to my legs and bum.

As far as Vionic now making wedges, heels etc., I completely understand how you feel. I would feel the same way if I was only interested in Vionic's original styles. However, I happen to be a younger consumer who also needs added support especially when wearing heels and I am in love with the new styles in particular the Calypso espadrille, which I plan to purchase asap in Gold. 

If Vionic is reading this, I would urge them to continue making their original styles in addition to the more fashion forward additions. I see no need to prioritize one over the other; as the OP has correctly stated IMO, Clarks and Skechers cater to both sets of customers. I recently bought Clark's Clarene Prima sandal (similar to Fly London) and I also have a closed shoe style with the same wedge footbed which is a dream to walk on. Skechers also does a great job making styles for both types of customers. I bought the Skechers TSV boot last year and it's been my favorite shoe purchase this season.

@NycVixen, I too don't see why they can't do both - and I definitely don't begrudge others more stylish Vionics. But I've got most of their athletic shoes and enough slippers & thongs. I want a structured loafer - not a Mary Jane, a driving moccasin or a ballet flat. Seems pretty classic to me and would sell - as long as they don't make it in sparkly pink & green snakeskin or croco 😳

I've tried Fitflops in the past but they weren't enough for me. Plus, it was just that technology you mention that was also in Alegria shoes and Skechers (I wore Alegria) that gave me Achilles tendinosis - and THAT gave me the PF on the other foot. Those shoes are great for many people, but if you have any Achilles weakness, even an unknown one (definitely was unknown to me), those shoes can cause Achilles tears. Just my luck.

I think this is the post she is referring to. 

Super Contributor

@islandergirl wrote:

And I am just the opposite - Vionic did not help my feet at all - Vionic has caused my previously healed heel spurs to return! 

Or maybe this one

Super Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@MoonchildeThanks for the Abeo note.That's not a brand I'm familiar with, but there's a Walking Store 2 minutes from home and I'll take a look.  I haven't stopped in for a very long time.

@millieshops, you might want to do some research on the Walking Company website - tons of info, many different footbeds available. Excellent quality leather shoes - not inexpensive ;-(

They used to make more shoes with the various footbeds so you could buy them "in" the shoe like Vionics. Now, it looks like they're more into insertable orthotics. Or rather, I need the Posted footbed and they don't do as many of those as they do the others. Many styles!

And there are two different footbeds in the Posted - regular and more than regular - you have to experiment. When my PF was very bad & very painful I needed the "more" (found in a hard cork footbed sandal) but today I might be able to do the regular. The Aetrex shoes footbed is similar to the regular Abeo. 

Even Vionic has a couple of different footbeds, though they never talk about it. I've even asked the company and asked Liam and they never reply about the question.

I just ordered these smaller inserts from Amazon. Orthoheel and vionic are supposed to be the same company. I need something a little lower for flats, I'll let you know how these work out if you've not already tried them.

0E19E230-18F1-4A40-A85D-CCF96FA1E098-591-0000009580C7D97A.jpeg

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Jewel22 wrote:

Google shoes plantar fasciitis and you will find many stores that sell shoes for this problem. Footsmart.com has Vionic Spark Mina that is a dressy flat.

I'm pretty sure Footsmart went out of business.

@151949, their site is up as always. What made you think that they'd gone out of business?

I just looked up Footsmart on the internet and it looks like it is now owned by the Walking Company.  It just occured to me that I haven't received a catalog from Footsmart in such a long time.  I guess that explains why!

Trusted Contributor

I, too, swear by Fitflops.   I have back issues and need arch supports.   I have trouble find them now.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sorry, Vionic

[ Edited ]

June 12th Vionic TSV looks good. They are studded leather platform thong sandals, but look plainer than that sounds. Sorry, I couldn't get a picture to post. I've never tried them, but might try the champagne for $59.

Honored Contributor

@Grnidkjun wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

Dear OP, I relate to your post almost 100% because from 2007-2009 I suffered with PF as well. It was so bad I needed cortisone injections in both feet.

This is not a plug, but what solved my PF issue was wearing Fitflop shoes inside as house shoes all the time in addition to a pair of shearling boots when going out when it was really bad. I would say it took a few months for my feet and leg muscles to strengthen and about a year or so for me to wear heels again. I can now wear any type of shoe when going out as long as I wear Fitflops with the original wobbleboard technology inside the house.

The company was sued in 2014 and settled without admitting fault for making claims regarding toning of the feet and legs so they don't promote that aspect anymore. But I can tell you from my own experience for 10 years that they worked for my PF and I have benefited from the toning aspect to my legs and bum.

As far as Vionic now making wedges, heels etc., I completely understand how you feel. I would feel the same way if I was only interested in Vionic's original styles. However, I happen to be a younger consumer who also needs added support especially when wearing heels and I am in love with the new styles in particular the Calypso espadrille, which I plan to purchase asap in Gold. 

If Vionic is reading this, I would urge them to continue making their original styles in addition to the more fashion forward additions. I see no need to prioritize one over the other; as the OP has correctly stated IMO, Clarks and Skechers cater to both sets of customers. I recently bought Clark's Clarene Prima sandal (similar to Fly London) and I also have a closed shoe style with the same wedge footbed which is a dream to walk on. Skechers also does a great job making styles for both types of customers. I bought the Skechers TSV boot last year and it's been my favorite shoe purchase this season.

@NycVixen, I too don't see why they can't do both - and I definitely don't begrudge others more stylish Vionics. But I've got most of their athletic shoes and enough slippers & thongs. I want a structured loafer - not a Mary Jane, a driving moccasin or a ballet flat. Seems pretty classic to me and would sell - as long as they don't make it in sparkly pink & green snakeskin or croco 😳

I've tried Fitflops in the past but they weren't enough for me. Plus, it was just that technology you mention that was also in Alegria shoes and Skechers (I wore Alegria) that gave me Achilles tendinosis - and THAT gave me the PF on the other foot. Those shoes are great for many people, but if you have any Achilles weakness, even an unknown one (definitely was unknown to me), those shoes can cause Achilles tears. Just my luck.

I think this is the post she is referring to. 

Perhaps - but she still got it completely wrong. Oh well.