Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: So annoying Skechers TSV

I've never, ever failed to be able to purchase an item I had in my cart when I checked out within the hour that it's held.  Maybe you waited too long.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've been seeing the very popular olive sell out for several years, decor, clothing and shoes.  Any one of us could have predicted it would at 4700 ordered for a TSV.

It isn't only colors QVC misses.  I saw a lot of sellouts on Harvest Day.  "We only ordered 800, so you better get it now.  We won't be getting more."

That kind of sales pressure is very annoying.  It encourages impulsive and compulsive buying, those more likely to return what they purchased.  

Allow me to use the red truck as an example.  It sold out two times last year, each time not ordering enough.

It again sold out quickly this year.  There is a reorder, but what are buyers thinking?  I knew this red truck cutie would be a sellout when it was introduced.  So, why didn't buyers order more instead of needing to reorder three times?  Interesting, the sage truck sold out before the blue, ivory, and brown.  Red wasn't available.  Who would have known sage would go so fast....not the clueless buyers.

Super Contributor

Almost every Sketchers athletic type shoe has that stark white sole on it. Sometimes they will put a darker sole on the black color shoe but the rest all have bright white soles that get dingy after a few weeks of wear... unless you only take them out once in a great while. I suppose it is cheaper to make them all the same but I'm not buying shoes that I wear as everyday run around shoes if they have a stark white sole.They have everybody convinced that all soles are supposed to be white so people buy them but I am the one that refuses to buy things that I do not like no matter how many people want it.

Super Contributor

I too bought a pair in the past with the white sole...loved the look and realized after 2 weeks they looked dingy and were imposiible to keep clean. Regarding the TSV, I found a pair of Skechers at DSW for $59, so almost the same price after paying the QVC S&H fee...was able to try them on and bring them home same day. Don't see much value in Q's "special"pricing on this offer.

Respected Contributor

@

Auntg

OUCH!