Occasional Contributor

My sister bought me some washable sketchers sneakers, the first time I wore them it was a misty to light rain, they soaked down to my socks and when I took them off the inside of the sneaker was soaked. Has anyone else had this problem? I will not buy another pair that's the point of wearing sneakers in the rain so my feet don't get wet!!!

Honored Contributor

@Neasygirl    All the clothes I wear are washable.   I still expect to get wet if I walk outdoors in the rain in them.

Why would you assume that a pair of sneakers would keep your feet dry just because they are washable?    Did the vendor suggest they would?

New Contributor

Every snickers are washable

Respected Contributor

Re: Sketchers sneakers

[ Edited ]

@Neasygirl wrote:

My sister bought me some washable sketchers sneakers, the first time I wore them it was a misty to light rain, they soaked down to my socks and when I took them off the inside of the sneaker was soaked. Has anyone else had this problem? I will not buy another pair that's the point of wearing sneakers in the rain so my feet don't get wet!!!

@Neasygirl The sneakers aren't WATERPROOF, just because they're washable! Of course, the rain is going to soak through them.

Respected Contributor

The sneakers are washable...not waterproof. 

Honored Contributor

@Neasygirl wrote:

Any sneaker, esp knit, will get wet in the rain.  What were you thinking; that they would not?

Honored Contributor

@Neasygirl    If I wanted my feet to stay dry, I'd wear either leather or rubber shoes, certainly not fabric.  Wearing fabric shoes in the rain doesn't even make sense.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Neasygirl I know exactly what you mean.  I have a pair of washable Skechers and recently wore them on a vacation in the Azores.  Same with me..... it was a misty day, not steady rain and puddles, and after being out for awhile my light socks I wore with them were literally soaked as was the inside of the sneaker.  Thankfully I had an alternate pair I wore the rest of the week as my Skechers took that long to dry!!!   

Super Contributor

Re: Sketchers sneakers

[ Edited ]

To Bilmocraig:  Are you talking about shoes or candy bars?