Super Contributor

Sketchers TSV HELP from those who know the brand

Hi

I don't own any Sketchers sandals or wedges.  I have a C width foot that can usually wear a medium width.  But sometimes need a wide (medium in Steve Madden mules- their wide is too wide and wide in Traveltime mules by Easy Spirit).

How does the width in Sketchers wedges run?  Is it generous?  I ordered the wide and will be okay if they aren't too wide.

Thanks for your help!

Valued Contributor

Re: Sketchers TSV HELP from those who know the brand

The last one was waay generous and if you look on the models you will see the straps gapping!!

Super Contributor

That is true.  I also looked at and ordered a pair of the Sketchers Trapezoid, which don't come in wide width, and it had reviews saying it ran generous.  I guess I'll stay with the wide and maybe send one pair back.  Or maybe they both will fit but one just a bit more roomy.  Someone mentioned something about the TSV shoe looking like your little toe might pop out, so I guess wider might be better.

I wish they would talk about width more.  A wide could be a C, D, or even an E.  

Esteemed Contributor

I wear a B/C in shoes and in Skecher sandals I take a regular size in them which is to say a medium. I find that Skecher sandals that I own also tend to run too long and wear a size 7 in some and in some I wear a size 8. I am going to suggest that you try on Skecher shoes in a bricks and mortar store for fit first.

I own the Skecher tropical slide cross band sandals and their thong style sandals with the same bottoms as the tropical slide ones and I take a size 7 in them. Interestingly enough these sandals and flip flops have a peel off plastic size label and when I was in Australia I went to a Skecher outlet store and talked to one of the sales clerks about the sizing as they had the thong sandals I already own. In Australia I tried on the size 7 and 8 flip flop sandals and the size 7 was too small and tight while the size 8 fit. I told the sales clerk that I owned the exact sandals in a size 7 and bought them in the U.S. or Canada and she told me that Australians like their flip flops to fit a bit shorter so what I think happened is that the sandals were resized by Skechers by sticking on a different peel off label for the Australian customers. Well no wonder picking the correct fitting shoe is so hard! The same sandal I wear a size 7 (and went down a size from my normal size 8 shoe) in North America I would wear a size 8 in the same sandal in Australia.

Esteemed Contributor

A couple of years ago, I purchased my first pair of Skechers slip-on shoes from QVC as it was a TSV. I wear size 6-1/2 wide or 7 wide. Both of my feet turned inward - as there was no structure to the shoe. I returned to QVC. I never had that problem before or after with other shoes. I'm surprised this brand is so popular.

Maybe it was just this partiicular style - but I won't be ordering again.

Esteemed Contributor

I just want to add that I own some nice Skecher walking shoes but having said that I also need to try on more than one pair if available as the fit for the shoes can vary from pair to pair. Today I bought a pair of Skechers Empress - Happy Fleet bungee lace slip on athletic shoes in a size 8 medium in the black and charcoal knit fabric. They fit nicely and are soft and comfortable but I had to pick the best fitting left and right shoes from the 2 pairs that were on the shelves at Winners. The left and right shoes of each pair fit differently and I could tell that easily that the fit wasn't the same.

So how in the world could I ever buy a pair of shoes online whether Skechers or some other brand and be sure of the fit? I can't. It's more likely that a pair of shoes bought online won't fit me and will have to be returned. And it costs me money to buy and return shoes in Canada as there's no free shipping unless you spend a certain amount and return shipping is expensive.