Esteemed Contributor

Was looking at the shoes and ordered but just found out they can't be sent to California. Must have about 20. Just started this past week. Did the man say Cancer!

Respected Contributor

I think the Q needs to put out a statement regarding this.

The way I understand it, unless the Q has received the proper paperwork clearing that specific brand, it's on hold.   I don't believe this brand or any other are "guilty" of poisoning/harming any individuals, it's the paperwork that is needed for the Q to resume shipment.

Respected Contributor

Skechers headquarters are in California.   I’m confused why they can’t be shipped to California. 

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1@itsmagic

There's a thread in "Customer Care" on the topic of the shipments to California.   The issue is discussed there in detail.  @Just Bling is correct and here's a post from @AnjalenaQVC, one of the QVC Social Team moderators: 

@AnjalenaQVC wrote:

Hi @Paddy I'm sorry to inform you and other customers from California that until the vendors provide full disclosure of their products due to the new Prop65 Law, many items we carry cannot be shipped to California at this time.

Information on the California Proposition 65 warning and the chemicals requiring such a warning are available at this official website:  www.p65warnings.ca.gov.

Here's the link to the thread with much more info and some questions answered:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/What-in-the-world-does-this-mean-It-just-popped-up/m-p/48...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

Skechers headquarters are in California.   I’m confused why they can’t be shipped to California. 

@itsmagic.  Read Just Bling's post above yours.  She explains it very well.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

California has strict laws for health and environmental reasons.  I have seen them restrict other things as well.

Honored Contributor

The amendment of Prop 65 includes the requirement that companies include the exact problem chemical on the label. Before, no one had any idea just why a product merited a Prop 65 warning.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland