Honored Contributor

Am I the only one who has a problem with the bungees being too tight?  Granted, I wear my orthotic in them, but I do remove the footbed before inserting the orthotic.  There's no way to adjust the bungees.  After awhile my feet start to cramp from the pressure. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Skechers Bungee Sneakers

@Icegoddess wrote:

Am I the only one who has a problem with the bungees being too tight?  Granted, I wear my orthotic in them, but I do remove the footbed before inserting the orthotic.  There's no way to adjust the bungees.  After awhile my feet start to cramp from the pressure. 

No you are not alone I had the same problem. I finally decided they were not going to work, and donated them.

Honored Contributor

I have a pair.  They are difficult to get my foot in.  Once they are on, they are okay.  I was thinking about cutting the bungee out and using laces.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have a pair.  They are difficult to get my foot in.  Once they are on, they are okay.  I was thinking about cutting the bungee out and using laces.

@Carmie, I thought about that, but the problem might be in finding matching laces.  I don't think flat laces would look right, and then there's possibly the color issue.  I wouldn't mind if they were difficult to get on as long as they didn't bother me otherwise.  I use a shoe horn to get a pair of Vionics on, but they're fine once I get them on.  I wonder if the Vionic footbeds they sell might work and be thinner than my orthotic.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They're okay when I first put them on, but as the day progresses and my feet swell slightly, they start to press on the nerve in the top of my foot.  They then start to hurt.

@Icegoddess@Carmie.  You can find laces in any color imaginable on Amazon.  Be sure to measure so you get the right length.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My sketchers are black, so I would have no trouble finding replacement laces.

Honored Contributor

I have some bungee sneakers from LandsEnd.  I had them a couple of years and just replaced them with a similar pair.

I had no issues with them once I got the hang of adjusting the bungee cord.  I use a shoe horn to get them on.

Respected Contributor

I find the opposite... over time they loosen and they get too Loose!  Perhaps you could cut the bungee and put in laces! That’s what I would do-

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess  Nope, you are not the only one.  I can't ever put on sketchers unless they have a lace up tie.  All those that are bungee type or slip in, just don't have enough room to fit my foot.  I think part is due to age and my feet are just bigger around (top to bottom), then they used to be. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@Icegoddess  Nope, you are not the only one.  I can't ever put on sketchers unless they have a lace up tie.  All those that are bungee type or slip in, just don't have enough room to fit my foot.  I think part is due to age and my feet are just bigger around (top to bottom), then they used to be. 

@CAcableGirl2, I would expect someone with a high arch would also have difficulties.