Respected Contributor

Skecher's TSV on Saturday, 7/2, advice needed!

I got the pre-sale email for the Skecher's TSV on Saturday.  I don't own any of this brand.  For anyone who has them, do they provide good arch support?  The cushiness is fine, but I also need to battle pronation (I have flat feet).  Thanks in advance for any advice!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Re: Skecher's TSV on Saturday, 7/2, advice needed!

If it's just a regular off the shelf shoe, I would say not enough support for flat feet.   However if they do have an insert or are marketed for support, you may enjoy them.

And you will get a different opinion from everyone person who posts here!

Personally, I am not a fan of Skechers.   I've had a couple of pairs, they don't last, they aren't all that comfortable but like you, I need more support than the average shoe offers.

@2blonde wrote:

I got the pre-sale email for the Skecher's TSV on Saturday.  I don't own any of this brand.  For anyone who has them, do they provide good arch support?  The cushiness is fine, but I also need to battle pronation (I have flat feet).  Thanks in advance for any advice!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2blonde wrote:

@2blonde  I would not buy them from QVC.   Go to shoe stores such as DSW which offers Skechers at discounts.  I would not buy Skechers from QVC any more for two reasons: (1) the sizing has been funky on the TSVs.  Most have run larger than my usual size, even in Skechers, and with one TSV I got two different colors and the sizing was different (same size ordered in both colors).  More importantly, if the shipping is $5 like on most QVC shoes,you'll lose that $5 plus whatever it costs you to ship them back if they don't work.   I will no longer buy any shoes from QVC for this reason, esp. Skechers which can be found lots of others places locally - at least where I live.  And various styles have been at Sam's Club for much cheaper than any QVC price on them.  DSW prices on Skechers are competitive with QVC's and better if you have any DSW rewards coupons.   Go local and forget ordering shoes from QVC unless maybe it's free shipping so you won't lose that $5 just for trying them on if they don't work.

To answer your question: I own lots of Skechers and some styles  have more support than others. I've found the styles with shoe laces (athletic styles) run much smaller and narrower than the slip on styles. So, I am not the same size in all Skechers styles (varies by half a size) and have to try them on.

Honored Contributor

OP, my feet pronate, I have plantar fasciitis, and I also need a good arch. If I want to wear Skechers, I have to put in a Vionic or Birkenstock removable orthotic. Skechers are for people with no foot problems. They don't offer much support IMO. I used to wear them a lot pre-PF but pass them up now.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@2blonde  I would not buy them from QVC.   Go to shoe stores such as DSW which offers Skechers at discounts.  I would not buy Skechers from QVC any more for two reasons: (1) the sizing has been funky on the TSVs.  Most have run larger than my usual size, even in Skechers, and with one TSV I got two different colors and the sizing was different (same size ordered in both colors).  More importantly, if the shipping is $5 like on most QVC shoes,you'll lose that $5 plus whatever it costs you to ship them back if they don't work.   I will no longer buy any shoes from QVC for this reason, esp. Skechers which can be found lots of others places locally - at least where I live.  And various styles have been at Sam's Club for much cheaper than any QVC price on them.  DSW prices on Skechers are competitive with QVC's and better if you have any DSW rewards coupons.   Go local and forget ordering shoes from QVC unless maybe it's free shipping so you won't lose that $5 just for trying them on if they don't work.

To answer your question: I own lots of Skechers and some styles  have more support than others. I've found the styles with shoe laces (athletic styles) run much smaller and narrower than the slip on styles. So, I am not the same size in all Skechers styles (varies by half a size) and have to try them on  Totally agree...and I have had great luck with ShoeBuy!  Great daily sales and rewards program.

Respected Contributor

Thanks so much for all your responses.  I think I will forget it and maybe go to DSW.  There actually is one near me, I've just been too lazy to check it out.  I do remember a girl who had shoes just like mine telling me she'd bought her ASICS Tri-9's there for a lot less than I had paid for mine from Amazon.  I should probably stick with ASICS anyway,

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde  I've bought two pair of ASICS at DSW in the clearance section at great prices! DSW carries a lot of that brand and a lot of Skechers in many styles.

Trusted Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

Could you post the item number?

Respected Contributor

I cannot get Skechers to fit me, so beware. After returning two pair to QVC and paying dearly to do so, I went to a nearby Skechers store and tried them on there. Nothing fit right. Maybe it's just me, but I either couldn't get my foot in due to the shoe's design or, once I found a size I could put on,  the fit was sloppy. 

Occasional Contributor

Would someone give an Item number for the TSV?

I didn't get an email about the TSV.

Thanks,

Mary