Contributor

Hello Ladies!  Wondering if anyone can help me decide on which size to order.  I typically wear a 6.5 to 7 US.  I have a few pairs of Birkenstock sandals in size 36 and a few pairs of closed toe shoes and boots in size 37.  Size 36 in UGG (which IMO run big)  Are these similar in size to Birkenstock?  Do they run small?

Would love to order a pair for myself and my sweet mother-in-law Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance!

Respected Contributor

Re: Sizing on TSV Fly London

Yes!!!  Someone else with my problem.  I would like to order the silvery/metallic color, but there is a problem.  I am either a 7 or a 7 1/2 shoe - Unless I have worn the brand several times before, I don't know what size I need.  In FLY London, there is a variance between the 7 and 7 1/2.  To get a good fit I woud need to order both the 36 and 37 to decide which one I need. Almost all the other sizes combine the 7 - 7 1/2 or the 8 - 8 1/2 so you can be more certain of which to order.  As a result, I will not order the shoe. Disappointed.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a 6.  In most FL I'm a 36 and it just fits. In one pair I tried, it was too short but I was swimming in 37.  Looking at the models, most sizing appears too short as their big toe hangs over the edge.

Contributor

Thank you for your response! I just heard the speaker say to size up. He said If for example you wear a size 7.5 get the 38. So, they must run short. I'll go with the 37 and hope they aren't too big Smiley Happy
Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

The Alegria sizing and the Fly L sizing are not the same.

I'm also a 6, but the 36 in Alegria was too big (returned). Fly L is more like Birki sizing, so I ordered the 36, also the proper size in Fly Flot -- if this analogy helps at all.

Honored Contributor

Herein lies the reason I'm not buying.  Not paying to ship them back when they don't fit.  I'm a 7, and almost always a 37 in European sizing.  I suspect, given this particular size chart, this brand runs more like Spring Step.  That would suggest I order a 38.  I'd be all over that taupe color, but I'm not paying to send them back.  

Most companies return shoes for free.  Are you listening, QVC?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

FYI

Rue La La has FL today.  I have this one and it's $75 cheaper (than I paid) at Rue.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear a range of shoes sizes from 6 1/2 to 71/2 with a Medium width I have found that Size 37 in Fly London fits perfectly.  I own several pairs and they are all size 37. I have tried on in several styles size 38 and they are too large.

Honored Contributor

@pgdark19@culebra@muttmom@faeriemoon@HarpaI've worn London Fly for several years.  My foot is slightly wider than a medium with, so I go up to a 39.  If they were narrow, I wouldn'tMy toes don't quite come up to the leather cording around the toe, but they do fit.

Your sandals are too short if your toe is even with the end.

My family owned the city's largest fine shoe store for 50 years.