Super Contributor

I would love to buy a pair of silver toned shoes for summer but not sure what oolor clothing to wear with them.  Like most of us I usually buy shoes to match clothing I already have or am considering buying!   I think winter in the Northeast has finally gotten to me and something sparkly and bright is quite appealing.  Thanks in advance for any input.  Gail

Honored Contributor

@gellen

I have these metallic sandals from Mephisto and I really like them.  The fact that there are multiple colors makes them work with just about anything.

Image result for Mephisto Juliette Women's Wedge Sandal

Esteemed Contributor

I consider silver sandals/flats to be pretty much a neutral color. Wear it with white, navy, turquoise, black, gray, pink, and more. I'm not a person who matches shoes to clothes - never have done that, and I don't think I'm in the minority. I have a pair of silver colored cute flip flops and think they look great with most colors.

Respected Contributor

@gellen good choice!  Metallics are considered neutral and will go with everything in your wardrobe.Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I noticed a nude shoe/sandal is popular. Even if the outfit is black and white. I guess it makes the leg look longer. 

Honored Contributor

I have several pairs of silver shoes and consider them a neutral.  I have a pair of silver quilted sneakers on which I always get a ton of compliments.  Isaac had a similar pair but I got mine from Zulily.  I wear them with my Denim & Co. things.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

You can wear silver or gold sandals with any color you want as they are considered neutrals. I think it adds just a pop to Summer clothing and the unexpected.

Honored Contributor

First color that popped in my head was white, but really any color would work.

Honored Contributor

Silver, like gold is neutral so you can wear any and every color with them.  That's why many people opt for metallic flats or sandals; they go with everything.