Super Contributor

Re: Shoulder/Crossbody/Crook of Your Arm - What's your favorite?

shoulder strap only, I do not like all the other straps and handles. I not like straps crossing my chest.

Honored Contributor

On 4/22/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 4/22/2014 Lotus~ said:

A true shoulder bag.....not one under my arm pit or down to my hips.

There are not nearly enough out there. {#emotions_dlg.sad} {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Hahaha, EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! D&B seems not to care much about our needs....even after so many people asked for longer straps!!! I read an old thread and comments for Sue from 2012....still no improvements! Oh well....their loss! But I might give it a try with a crook of an arm kind of purse....although I am 99.99% sure I will not enjoy it!

I am just curious to know, why some women like to carry bags that way.....?

Heck, if Dooney wanted to listen to our needs, they'd do a whole lot more outside zipper pockets!

I like the crook of the arm. Don't know why, I just do. I find it more comfortable than a bag slung over my shoulder.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I'm a crook.

Respected Contributor

Cross-body, my elbow aches if it's a short handle, and my shoulders aren't squared enough to prevent the bag slipping off.

Respected Contributor

Short shoulder is my favorite because I can also put it on the crook of my arm! I don't like a long shoulder because they hit my hips ( I am only 5' 3"").

Occasional Contributor

Cross-body - I love being hands free especially for shopping.

Super Contributor

Crook of my arm, once in awhile I'll do a hobo on my shoulder. I'm 5'0" so most shoulder bags end up quite long on me. I hate the feeling of a bag hanging there so no great loss there I find cross bodies to look unflattering. They seem to accentuate the stomach and oddly divide the breasts.
Honored Contributor

When I first moved to Los Angeles I took a women's self defense course ...... and the one thing that was branded into my brain is that a dangling strap or carrying in the crook of the elbow is AN INVITATION TO PURSE SNATCHERS.

I'm a shoulder bag girl .... 11 inch drop so the bag is under my arm.

Honored Contributor

Shoulder bags for me.

I do like the organization of many crossbody bags & have bought a couple - but I wear them with the strap adjusted and over my shoulder.

I don't care for satchels and won't buy a bag that has both handles and a shoulder strap unless the handles can be removed.

Even my work tote bag has to have long enough handles to go over my shoulder.

Respected Contributor

Since having a torn rotator cuff I have to avoid over the shoulder as much as possible so I do crook of the arm or cross-body. Or just carry in my hand.

The Vera Bradley Cargo Sling is a nice sized larger cross-body with a lot of organization; Michael Kors and Isaac Mizrahi make some nice ones too.