Honored Contributor

Should "shoes" be a subgroup under Wellness?

I watched some of the shoe shopping show on Q2 last night and it seems some of the brands appear to be claiming "wellness" benefits.

Earth

Vionic

Spenco Orthotic

Honored Contributor

Re: Should "shoes" be a subgroup under Wellness?

or new knees, new hips, etc.  

Respected Contributor

No, shoes should not go under wellness.

Honored Contributor

IMO, no.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

No, shoes should not be under Wellness.   However,  I will say that I just recently tried Vionic shoes and have noticed an improvement in my knee and back pain when I'm on my feet.  Of course, Vionics won't and I don't expect them to cure or solve the conditions causing my pain.

Valued Contributor

Well, I have to say, when you wear bad shoes, it makes you feel bad all over. image223.jpg

Honored Contributor

Any "medical benefits" gained from the shoes QVC sells are questionable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Elri  wrote:

Well, I have to say, when you wear bad shoes, it makes you feel bad all over. image223.jpg

Interesting pic.  Are those shoes real?  They look similar to ballet shoes so perhaps a ballerina who has trained to dance on point could actually walk in them?  I know I'd be hurting all over if I tried to just stand in them.

Honored Contributor

I want to say no, but my aunts wore pointy toed, 4 inch heels until they were in their late 60's and then wondered why their feet were such a mess. My sisters and my cousin got on the Birkenstock band wagon in our 30's and we have great looking, healthy feet years later. So maybe those shoes  should be considered a wellness product.

Frequent Contributor

I have never been able to wear cheap, inexpensive shoes that can be found at discount retailers. Short, wide feet with a high instep means seeking out quality footwear. That said, I think using the word “wellness” in the advertising pitch is really pushing the limit.

I do have to say, however, that at first glance, I interpreted “wellness” to mean the wonderful feeling I get when I invest in a little shoe shopping retail therapy. I think that must mean that I have too many pairs of shoes! Smiley LOL