Honored Contributor

I ran across a pair of Clark's sandals that I have had for at least 3 years. They have a leather strap across the toe area and an elastic criss cross. They look exactly like shoes that  are being sold now. I love them, and I have so many sandals they got shoved aside. I feel like I got new shoes ! 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1   I, too, have been shopping my closet.  Every time I see something I might like to order, I think about what I already have.  More times than not, I have something similar or even identical.   A few years before Covid-19 I was on a buying spree.   Since I keep everything, I have found that now I can save money.  

Enjoy your new sandals.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Super Contributor

What's great about finding things in your closet is that prices are also going up for the same things so you feel like you found an investment!

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopping my closet

[ Edited ]

Best p!ace I have shopped lately is my closet.

Honored Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

What's great about finding things in your closet is that prices are also going up for the same things so you feel like you found an investment!

@busymom22 , Wow was I off on how long I've had these. I looked it up on Amazon, and I purchased them in 2015 !  They don't look dated at all . 😻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

As much as I love Clarks shoes, beware the stitching dry rots after 3 or 4 years.  It doesn't look like it when you look at the shoes/sandals but once you're wearing them beware because the stitching will break and you'll find yourself not being able to walk in them.   I had that happen when I was working and had to use tape and wind it around the shoe top and sole to keep it on my foot until I got home.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

As much as I love Clarks shoes, beware the stitching dry rots after 3 or 4 years.  It doesn't look like it when you look at the shoes/sandals but once you're wearing them beware because the stitching will break and you'll find yourself not being able to walk in them.   I had that happen when I was working and had to use tape and wind it around the shoe top and sole to keep it on my foot until I got home.  

@ciao_bella  I'll watch out for that, I have two fairly new pairs of Clark's sandals.

I live in Florida, have lots of sandals and rotate them.  Beware of  Bare Traps sandals/shoes now.. I had three very comfortable pairs, the uppers had glove soft., real leather.  Within a year or 18 months, the lining of the insole started peeling, pieces of it sticking to bottom of my feet. 

They use cheap plastic, not leather for the insole and it deteriorates fast.. I couldn't find any way to fix them.  I called  them, just to share my experience, I didn't ask for anything, and they could not have cared less.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I ran across a pair of Clark's sandals that I have had for at least 3 years. They have a leather strap across the toe area and an elastic criss cross. They look exactly like shoes that  are being sold now. I love them, and I have so many sandals they got shoved aside. I feel like I got new shoes ! 

I know I don't need new shoes.  But I have this thing yanno.  I peruse (say nah, I don't need them).  If I absolutely love them, I've been known to change my mind especially if they go on sale.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Super Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

I wonder if that's a more recent thing with Clark's sandals? I have two favorite pairs of Clarks I bought 15 years ago and they still look great.  I appreciate hearing that maybe their quality isn't so great anymore.  I might need to look at other brands.

Honored Contributor

I love shoes and shoe shopping, but I've been very good the last few years about keeping my shoe wardrobe in check. I just donated 2 pairs of shoes rarely worn and in great condition yesterday. 

I replaced my workout sneakers earlier this year because the old ones were falling apart. I've been looking for blush flats for years, but I never found the perfect pair until a few  weeks ago. So that makes 2 purchases of shoes so far for me this year.