Honored Contributor

@2zbeach wrote:

Can someone recommend a brand of shoes that have good arch support?  I need a pair of dress flats that I can dance in.  I have severe nerve damage in my feet so I need to try to keep pressure of my toes and balls of my feet. Thanks in advance!  

I think it's pretty clear that you mean you need to avoid too much pressure on your toes and the balls of your feet. I have the same situation. And sometimes flats are the worst.

I recommend looking into Aetrex shoes to see whether they might have some dress flats. They make Lynco orthotics, and I think that all of their shoes include such support for the metatatarsal -- but double-check that. Also check the Lynco orthotics for ones that have the metatarsal support and cushioning. There is one with memory foam that might work.

Also, look into ABEO orthotics, available at the Walking Company. Look for the ones with metatarsal support.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Thanks,everyone.  I have some new brands to check out.  I have one pair of Aetrex boots,so maybe I need to check out their shoes.  I appreciate the heads up on Dansko,Vionic, and Sanitas.  Never wore those,but I do have two pairs of Alegria. Time for some weekend shopping. Thanks,again,for the suggestions. It seems I have plenty of company with my foot issues. 😍

Valued Contributor

Re: Shoes with arch support

[ Edited ]

I find that Vionics is the best with what comes in the shoe. I have custom orthotics that I put in my shoes, but with V I don't always need to do so.

Alegria is also very good, at least for the sandals. All the the closed toe shoes from Alegria that I have tried have had a toe box that was too short for me. But the arch support felt good.