Honored Contributor

Shoes seen on the street this afternoon ...

I had to take a quick run down to Walgreen's.  It's really hot today - lots of people out on the street in various stages of dress (and undress!).

I'm walking back from the store and as I turned, I find myself walking behind someone (tall thin) wearing a high wedge peep toe shoe.  I should say teetering, not walking.  Walking on NYC streets in a high narrow wedge isn't easy - teetering is understandable.  The shoes were similar to these. - in a dark brown distressed leather.  

As I got closer and was about to pass the person, I saw that it was a guy!  (He had a short beard).  Wearing rolled up dark gray pants and black t-shirt fasionably half tucked in the front.  I googled and apparently, there are a couple of designers who make men's wedges!

Honored Contributor

Re: Shoes seen on the street this afternoon ...

Not a good look on a man IMO. I also don't care for the no socks in dress shoes. Looks ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

Not surprised. I have seen all sorts of fashion when we go their on a long weekend. Men in wedges is just a no in my opinion. They are just expressing themselves. Especially on 5th Ave.

Esteemed Contributor

This reminds me of something that happened years ago. My husband and I were at a wedding. After the ceremony, we walked over to the reception. I found myself walking behind a guest who had the most beautiful blond hair, wearing a stunning pants suit. When we arrived at the reception, I realized that I was following a man, a co-worker of the bride, who owned a hair salon.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a very calculated outfit....nothing was casually thrown on.  It takes effort to keep TShirts half tucked in.  He probably considers himself fashion forward and wouldn't be surprised if he attends the Fashion Institute.  I wish him well wearing those shoes!

Esteemed Contributor

A man wearing a peep toe wedge? No thank you.

As long as it works for him- okay. No one needs my permission to dress him or her self.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

in my opinion-wedges are just as dangerous to walk in as very high heels-your foot can't properly"feel" the ground and you are teetering-very dangerous....for example:

these are much better:

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

in my opinion-wedges are just as dangerous to walk in as very high heels-your foot can't properly"feel" the ground and you are teetering-very dangerous....for example:

@catlover

He was teetering ... that's what made me notice him at at first when he was walking in front of me.  The "sidewalks of New York" can be treacherous.