Occasional Visitor

Shoes for summer with toe covered

There are hundreds of CUTE summer shoes.  What about us over 60 or anyone who is unable to show their toes at WORK and would like a very comfortable cute shoe for the summer? There are hundreds that look just perfect until you see that it shoes your toes. Is it that difficult to add the material over the toe?  I'm just baffled over the number of shoes without toe coverage. What about the working people who may get warm in their work environment? Many offices don't allow flip flops or toes showing. Myself, I'm disabled, 70 and have a condition that I don't want to show my toes. Please bring comfortable, toe covered CUTE shoes for the warm climates. I can't find any locally so I depend on my almost 50 years with the Q to be my resource. Maybe an option for toes showing and those without on the same design? Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shoes for summer with toe covered

Have you tried Zappos? They have hundreds of shoes. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jazzie18    If it's sandals you want, look for those called "fisherman's sandals". They have straps, are cute but cover the toes....or should.

For years, I wore a pair of Minnetonka fisherman's sandals.  Wore them out but they quit making them a few years ago.  I just stumbled across a brand-new pair on eBay and was so happy.

Other companies make a similar style, however.  Just Google them.

Screenshot_20230603_130903_Google.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They just showed a pair of Skechers this morning on Saturday Morning Q and described them exactly like that.  For people that want a lightweight shoe without showing their toes.  A599837

Honored Contributor

I agree about "fisherman sandals."  Summery with covered toes.

Respected Contributor

Any canvas loafer I would consider a summer shoe. Zappos and Nordstrom have many, many shoes that have close  toe for summer. Also check out Toni Pons shoes. There there you just have to look.

Respected Contributor

@Jazzie18 wrote:

There are hundreds of CUTE summer shoes.  What about us over 60 or anyone who is unable to show their toes at WORK and would like a very comfortable cute shoe for the summer? There are hundreds that look just perfect until you see that it shoes your toes. Is it that difficult to add the material over the toe?  I'm just baffled over the number of shoes without toe coverage. What about the working people who may get warm in their work environment? Many offices don't allow flip flops or toes showing. Myself, I'm disabled, 70 and have a condition that I don't want to show my toes. Please bring comfortable, toe covered CUTE shoes for the warm climates. I can't find any locally so I depend on my almost 50 years with the Q to be my resource. Maybe an option for toes showing and those without on the same design? Thank you.

@Jazzie18   Plenty of closed toe shoes at Talbots.

Honored Contributor

There are many shoes for summer,that cover your toes, i use to wear sandals ,when out and about, now i do not like getting my toes dirty, so keep them covered.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Jazzie18 ... Welcome to the boards!

Good luck with your search.  I bet not only do you want your toes covered, you also put priority on the comfort of the shoes.

I need to find new shoes also and it's about as fun as looking for swimwear! Cat LOL

Valued Contributor

You may like Skechers flat slip ons (Go walk, Cleo, Wahsable knit skimmers).  I have a few pairs and I just love how comfy and light they are.