Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shoes (cute flats for work) for taliors bunion (along small toe)

I tried a pair of Sketchers "Relaxed" shooties and they feel great! I have a second pair in my cart. They also have a suede lfat with the same "relaxed" fit and sole. I love the sole. It works for me. I have this odd bone shape firght before the baby toe. It's difficult to get a shoe to fit that area. These do.

Respected Contributor

@Fressa  was it from QVC? Can you share the item #?  I am thinking about starting with shoes that stretch I like those best anyways and go with WIDE, hoping they don't slip off my heel.

Esteemed Contributor

The shooties that I purchased were A342535. If you search Sketchers relaxed fit there are 3 styles that are shown. One of the three is a flat suede shoe/ moccosin type and the shootie that I purchased and I can't remember the third. Hope these work for you like they did for me. 

Occasional Contributor

I’m older than you & taught in heels most of my career; then, went to flats. Have the bunions, etc. I have found the aerosoles’ wedge heel comfy as a dress shoe. I also have added the silicone toe separators & bunion protectors to make all my shoes more comfortable. Recently, I bought a pair of the Vivian Lou insoles that I saw advertised on fb; pricey, but they did make a difference, shifting my weight to the heel of the foot instead of the ball. They adhere to the inside of the shoe, so if you try them & find them helpful, you’ll need separate insoles for each pair of shoes.
Occasional Contributor

Super Contributor

I have several pairs of Easy Spirit traveltime slides . I went up to a wide but can still wear this brand/style in medium. These have been life savers for me. They do not look cute or fancy but you can stand and walk all day in them in very very problem feet.

they run around 65 dollars, but you can get them on sale half price almost anywhere now. Macys even has a deal of the day pair for 20 dollars. even if you would not wear them to work get a pair for home and the weekend or after work grocery shopping. seriously I could not even grocery shop without pain. the black and navy would probably be fine with slacks for work

and good luck kiddo, it is tough!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have feet that are extremely sensitive, with a bunion on the right, plantar fasciitis in both, and top of foot pain on the left from a badly sprained ankle years ago.

I took a chance with a pair of Skechers that work very well for me.  I know that some Skechers have no arch support, but this particular style worked great for me.

If you notice the cut of the shoe is wider at the front, fitted more toward the heel and the structure of the shoe provides adequate arch support.  It is a stretchy fabric. actually labled a tennis shoe.   The name is Skechers Ultra Flex - Satin Night. 

I got the black but have posted a picture of it in pink so that you can see the detail better.  I had a fairly casual office and we were allowed to wear jeans, or pretty much anything else.  I felt these could be dressed up or down.  I walked up to 4 blocks each way to my office and they were great for walking.  

Night Satin.jpg