Respected Contributor

I wear socks if I am walking or working out and in the winter with boots. Otherwise pretty much never; it would have to be below freezing which doesn’t happen too often here.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I used to feel like you. And I continue to love socks. I just love to wear them. However, I moved to a warmer climate where socks are uncomfortable much of the year, even with closed shoes. And of course never with sandals. So I've adjusted to wearing socks like crazy whenever it's cool enough, and I always wear them with athletic shoes (and boy is it hard to find little socks that don't show but won't slide down into the shoes.). 

Esteemed Contributor

My socks get their exercise at night when I put creme on for bed.  Don't much care care for foot covering.

Honored Contributor

I cannot go barefoot in a closed shoe.  I must have some type of sock.  In the wintertime this is no problem, but when it is warmer, it is.

I ONLY wear sandals in the summertime, without socks.  In the winter, I wear a lot of clogs..with socks.

I cannot wear tennis shoes or any sneaker with or without socks.  The Soles of my feet burn in them.  I also do not wear any vegan leathers.

I used to buy the sketchers with the synthetic fleece lining when they were available.  I can wear them with or without socks.

I think bare feet ruin a good pair of leather shoes, but I wish I had the option of going barefoot in them anyway.  My feet get uncomfortable and burn in shoes without socks.

I mostly go in bare feet when possible..so comfortable.

Honored Contributor

I always wear socks with shoes.  Otherwise, my feet will get cold.  I have 1 pair of nice slides, but rarely wear them because my feet get cold.  I can only wear them in summer when I'm going to be outside.  Even the Birkenstock type shoes I wear with socks.

Trusted Contributor

I rarely wear socks.  Only in the winter if absolutely necessary.

Valued Contributor
I wear socks a lot in the winter. If I wear closed shoes in the summer (which I seldom do) I dont wear socks. I dont have a problem with sweaty feet or foot odor so I do fine wearing shoes w/o socks.
Respected Contributor

I wear peds or insoles that I pop out and wash frequently. Maybe others do that too. I also powder up a storm. I also wear stocking knee highs. I think many outfits are ruined with the look of socks. Especially leggings and ballet flats or loafers. Jeans with white socks? Yuk! Black socks with jeans or any slim leg pant ? No way. Your husbands white socks...that’s also a no no. This is just me, but sandals and socks should be outlawed. 😝  Although some people maybe saving us from having to look at their funky toes. LOL

Respected Contributor

@Alish56 you are definitely not alone. I can't go sockless even in the softest fully lined leather shoe, I get blisters.

Honored Contributor

cannot stand socks.....the ONLY time i wear socks would be with athletic shoes......and they have to be the no show type.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein