Super Contributor

My son is getting married in Oct looking for a glittery or nice pair of dressy shoes not over two,inch heel my dress is short royal blue. Oh and my problem I have an Union on right foot. No black. Thanks

Honored Contributor

@crazered

What size/width and how much do you want to spend?

Valued Contributor

I went through this same challenge myself a couple years ago, and also have a bunion on my right foot.  I searched & searched, and wanted to give you another option that might help you choose.  Consider using dressy shoe clips on an otherwise non-dressy shoe, if it is comfortable & would work otherwise, but just needs some dressing up to make the grade for a wedding.   You can use dressy pins, also...but you would want 2 identical pins to place on your shoes.  You can easily find shoe clips by doing a searh on ebay or the internet.  Here are a few examples:

shoe-clips1.jpeg

shoe-clips2.jpg

shoe-clips3.jpg

I ended up buying several different styles to wear, and wanted a back-up pair of shoes I could use, if something happened to the first pair.  I was visiting from out-of-town, so I needed to make sure there wasn't a glitch with my shoes, since I can't walk at all if the bunion pain gets too severe.  You know how that is.  I had settled on a pair of sandals from SAS Shoes, which I dressed up with shoe clips; and a second pair that were dressy wedges that were open-backed.  The bigger the heel, the more pressure that is put on the bunion.  Wedges can be a helpful choice, since they don't cause the forward-slide or uneven weight distribution, depending on their design.  I'll add a couple more options in my next post...

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Valued Contributor

Here is one brand that is so comfortable with bunions...notice the cushy foot bed?  Nice.  These are by Walking Cradle, and you could imagine how dressy they can become with a couple of shoe clips:

Walking-Cradles-add-shoe-clips.jpg

Walking-Cradles-2.jpg

Hope these ideas will be helpful for you.  I've found that a shoe like #2, above, is more comfortable because it isn't tight across the bunion area.  The bandeau-type shoe above is often wearable, if it has a stretchy 'give' to the material.  But sometimes I don't want open shoes that could come off easier, such as while dancing.  

Good luck with your search.  Brands I've found that give me more options with bunions:  SAS Shoes, Walking Cradles, Alegria, B.O.C. by Born, Aerosoles has some excellent choices, & some Clarks.  I'm still waiting for Vionic to get their wide-width closed-in shoes to the right width for my bunions.  I notice this has been an issue for a lot of us, so I hope this upcoming Fall line-up will finally be what we've been waiting for.

Finding dressy shoes with bunions is a challenge, but now is a great time for you to find a pair of dressy sandals that are open around the bunion area, before they replace them all with Fall styles.  Better hurry tho', before they are rotated out of stock.  Good luck!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Frequent Contributor

Nina Romina 

Nina Gaelle

J Renee Jadan

I don't know if any of these would be ok for bunions, but you might could go up half a size to get the width you need, then add thin insole for heels to get the right fit,

Honored Contributor

Alex Marie brand has some dressy shoes with low heels or wedges.  I just bought a wedge pair at Dillards in a silver color, but there are other styles online at other retailers.

Honored Contributor

Lord & Taylor has a great selection and wonderful sales.  I would definitely take a look at them.  Nordstrom also has a huge selection and great sales.  Pewter may be a nice color to wear (a dark silver).

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I did some shoe shopping today at 6PM, (there's an extra 10% off code)  as well as Off Saks Fifth Avenue (some are 70% off)

If the OP does not want black, I'd probably go with silver or pewter with a blue dress.