Valued Contributor

Does anyone have a closet just for shoes?  If so, do you really like it or is it just an excuse to hoard more shoes?

Trusted Contributor

i do. and there's always good reason to hoard more shoes 😊

Esteemed Contributor

I have a room that my hubby turned into a large closet for me in the basement.  It has lots of hanging rods, larger shelves for heavy sweaters, extra comforters, pillows, stuff like that.   Also an entire wall of shoe racks!!  I'm not a shoe freak, however I do own a lot of them.   I also have winter boots and hiking boots so those take up a lot of space.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal    Could I please borrow your husband?  I don't have such a closet or room but I surely could use one.  I have a 3 bedroom house with extra closets all to myself, but it's never enough....

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I have a shoe closet that is just the right size for me!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shoe closet

[ Edited ]

When I bought my new house 19 yrs ago - I didn't own many pairs of shoes. I had my large walk-in closet customized -- with lots of shelves/rods for my purses and clothes --- and a section of the shelves where it was enclosed with a heavy-duty plastic door. My shoes are also on many of the shelves. It's the Q's fault --- but I started buying Clarks, Birkenstocks and Rykas. Between my shoes, purses and clothes, my large closet is totally full.

I'm glad I purchased everything --- it makes me happy to know that I can pick and choose what to wear - and match my shoes and purses. I'm long retired -- so I'm casual every day.

Growing up, we didn't have much money ---- so I had few things. 

Now - I buy whatever I want and need.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shoe closet

[ Edited ]

I do not have a shoe closet.  I do have a walk-in closet ,and I discovered that an old Baker's Rack makes a good place to store shoes.  I also have a few in a hanging display.  Then a couple of winter boots and shoes in the coat closet.  Then a couple of outdoors shoes for the garden and mucking around outside.  Then a pair in the garage to change into when I walk out to the mailbox.  Goodness...you got me thinking about how many shoes I have.  Maybe I should have a shoe closet!

Respected Contributor

I keep all my shoes, boots and sandals in their boxes. Stacked neatly and can read what is in each box.

Also, stacked by season.

Honored Contributor

I don’t have an extra shoe closet. Most of my shoes are on the floor of my small closet. They are stacked & organized by season & color. My boots are stored in their boxes under my bed. A few pairs of sneakers are in their boxes stacked next to my bedside table because I wear them often. 

I love shoes & shoe shopping, but I have downsized quite a bit in the last several years. I had too many pairs that I rarely wore, hurt my feet, or I just didn’t need or want them anymore. I have discovered I can survive with fewer shoes. 

Since I haven’t been shopping in person lately, I haven’t been tempted to buy any new shoes. I rarely buy shoes online. I’ve only purchased one pair of shoes all year. I know that’s a record low number for me. Still, I have a feeling I will be looking & probably buying shoes when I finally venture out to a store. 😉

Valued Contributor
We have a 3br house and really dont need that many bedrooms. The closets in the master br are actually very very tiny. So a few years ago we turned a bedroom into a closet. Floor to ceiling shelves that I use for shoes and sweaters. Theres rods for hanging clothes and peg boards with hooks for purses. its wonderful and I just love it!!