Respected Contributor

I once returned worn shoes to HSN.  They were sneakers that had a defect in the leather pattern only on one.  So they didn't match.  But I didn't notice until I had gotten to work.  It was a few years ago though.  Maybe they changed.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Oh come on...who believes that the Returns Dept at HSN inspects returned shoes. The hosts are just giving buyers a nudge to be reasonable about wearing shoes out & about before returning them. I did return shoes I wore a couple times because the sole separated on the side so I returned to the Q & wrote on the box...Torn, Defective, Do Not Resale. I have no idea if that helped but I tried to make sure another buyer didn't get stuck with them.

Respected Contributor

as far as i knew, the rule has always been that shoes were not returnable if they had been worn outside.  

Respected Contributor

I don't find that to be an unreasonable request.  One should know whether or not a shoe fits and is comfortable without wearing it outside.  I have never heard QVC make that statement though.

Occasional Contributor
I am not saying whether the policy is good or bad. I just wanted everyone to know HSN's policy is not the same as QVC's. I, for one, didn't know this.
Respected Contributor

Gosh, that just seems like common sense to me- But, kind of like "Caution, Coffee is HOT" on the McDonalds coffee cups now, there is nothing common about common sense these days..

I am sure if you had a legitimate problem with a shoe after you wore it outside, you could present your case, but  this would certainly stop folks from buying a pair of shoes for one special occasion and then returning them..After all, you cannot do that at brick and mortar stores (though you CAN try them on there, which is why the policy for home shopping is a liberal as it is)

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

as far as i knew, the rule has always been that shoes were not returnable if they had been worn outside.  

@fancy pantsy 

QVC does not now, nor have they ever had this rule. 

30 day return period on any item, no questions asked.

I'm not saying it is good or bad either....I have read posts where ppl clearly had been abusing it.  That costs the company money which is passed on to the consumer!

Honored Contributor

I will not wear cheap shoes, if I buy shoes for over 100 dollars I want them to be in new condition. I bought shoes AS IS one time and never again, the shoes were indeed worn for a couple of weeks, even had an odor. I have an idea they do not check the returned shoes at the Q.