Honored Contributor

Shoe Shopping Self Control Story

My shoe shopping self control story....

My sister needed a new pair of comfortable work shoes. Her daughter had her car so she needed a ride. Enter me - the one who loves shoes but is trying really hard not to buy any more shoes unless they are absolutely necessary. So I drove her to 3 stores, and she finally found a pair she liked.

I was very good. My eyes gazed at lots of boots, heels, flats, sneakers, but I didn’t try on even one pair! 😇

Mission accomplished for both of us. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Shoe Shopping Self Control Story

Congratulations on your self-control.  I'm so glad QVC acquired Zulily and pretty much ruined it for shoe shopping.  I really don't need anymore and they're saving me a fortune.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

My shoe shopping self control story....

My sister needed a new pair of comfortable work shoes. Her daughter had her car so she needed a ride. Enter me - the one who loves shoes but is trying really hard not to buy any more shoes unless they are absolutely necessary. So I drove her to 3 stores, and she finally found a pair she liked.

I was very good. My eyes gazed at lots of boots, heels, flats, sneakers, but I didn’t try on even one pair! 😇

Mission accomplished for both of us. 

👍 It’s tough isn’t it ? You get a gold star ! ⭐️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Bought two pairs of vionics on Zuilly for 49 bucks a piece. I also get my sketchers and clarks from them as well. 

Honored Contributor

Did you shop too much?

See the source image

Respected Contributor

well, great big congrats to you!

i am also on a no buy as far as shoes.  i took inventory about 6 months ago and realized that i have enough pairs of shoes to last me the rest of my life. it is pointless to purchase any more.  of course, i am 70 and i could live to be 100 ... and in that case, i would need new shoes LOL