Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Shoe Favorites

[ Edited ]

My white bucks and saddle shoes.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite shoes were my shoes for my wedding dress.  My wedding dress was a very very pale pink and I bought Bruno Magli shoes in the same color but the heel was lavender and on the side on the shoe was a small scroll in lavender and a tiny flower.  They were beautiful high heels.  HeartCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Trix wrote:

In my life I have been priviledged to own more than a fair share of footwear.  For my all-time favorite I have to set the way back machine way back to the mid-1960s and the go-go boot.  I had two white pair. One was the short Andre Courreges which I realize as an adult was quite an indulgence from Mom.  The other was a tall white leather (but it was a substantially cheaper knock off from Montgomery Ward).  The images below show what I had for those too young to have been there, and for those who are old enough to have forgotten Woman Wink the style. 

Image result for go go bootsImage result for go go boots

@Trix

When I read the OPs question, the first thing that popped into my head was my white go go boots - mainly because I felt so darned cool in them. Thanks for posting pictures for those who are too young to have known what they were. Ladies, you have to picture these worn with a micro mini skirt!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

Back in the sixties, I had a pair of Villager shoes, from the same company as the clothing line.  They were black with a strap and buckle on the instep.

Valued Contributor

I also had a favorite pair from Etienne Aigner.

Super Contributor

I had a pair of "leapin' lizards" that I loved!  They were platform sandals that were handmade in San Francisco.  Also loved saddle shoes and white go go boots.  It's official...I'm a senior citizen.

Now I have to wear more foot friendly footwear...booo...

Honored Contributor

I have to just pick one pair? How is that possible? LOL 

ok if I have to pick just one, my Docs 1914 boots. They go with pants and dresses, they're my go to travel shoes and I wear them anytime I'm in the mood to kick butt. 

1914.jpg

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

My Nike waffle-bottom soles from the 1980's!

Honored Contributor

When I was a high school senior, I had a beautiful pair of 3 in. high stacked block heels with a high tongue and tooled leather in chestnut.  They were beautiful!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've always loved shoes. In high school my shoe collection consisted of Weejuns loafers, Pappagallo flats and short heels in every possible color, Keds in various colors and our cheerleading saddles.