Valued Contributor

What is/was your all-time favorite pair of shoes?  Mine was a pair of navy blue Capezios I wore in high school.  

Respected Contributor

Papagallo T strap 

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all They were my favorite shoes when I was was young(er).  I also liked "Old Main Trotters".

I don't remember many others.  I've always been a shoe freak.

Now because I have a bad back it seems like the shoes that work best for me are Birkenstock.  I have well over 100 pair of Birkenstock shoes alone!  One time I counted them, never again!  Most of them are sandals.  I wear all different one's in the Spring and Summer that match every outfit.  They were all purchased mainly on QVC.  They are amazing, the colors, the designs, the flowers, etc.  I love, love them.

I still buy some different shoes but can't wear them for long.  The problem is I have big feet (size 10 or 11), so it's hard for me to go into stores and find what I like.

Just for the pleasure, I take my 2 teenage granddaughters into DSW shoe warehouse.  I've been taking them there since they were very little!  The love shoes like I do.  We might spend close to 2 hours with them trying on shoes.  Now they are almost 15 and 16, so it's really fun!

I'd take the Ipad and videotape them walking around in their shoes!  I have some cute ones of them in high heels.  Now they can run in the heels!  We've walked out of there with 2 and 3 pair each before.  Their mother (my daughter) is not a shopper and she just shakes her head!  She thinks I'm crazy and I think she's probably right!  Ha!

I wish the Q would start selling Birkenstock again!

Esteemed Contributor

In my life I have been priviledged to own more than a fair share of footwear.  For my all-time favorite I have to set the way back machine way back to the mid-1960s and the go-go boot.  I had two white pair. One was the short Andre Courreges which I realize as an adult was quite an indulgence from Mom.  The other was a tall white leather (but it was a substantially cheaper knock off from Montgomery Ward).  The images below show what I had for those too young to have been there, and for those who are old enough to have forgotten Woman Wink the style. 

Image result for go go bootsImage result for go go boots

Trusted Contributor

@Trix  LOVE the white go go boots !  HeartHeartHeart

Trusted Contributor

My favorite shoes were navy blue with a big chunky white marshmallow platforms.

I was diggin em in 7th grade, circa 1975 lol............

Honored Contributor

I love shoes! I don’t think I could pick just one favorite pair. I wear my black riding boots often in cold weather so they are favorites now. I love my navy velvet loafers, and I could not survive without my Keds sneakers or black ballet flats. I also love my wedge espadrilles in spring and summer. Shoes are most definitely my weakness. 

Valued Contributor

I loved those, too!  I remember, back in the day, going to Pappagallo stores and wanting to buy lots of their bright, colorful heels and flats!

Valued Contributor

I'm old enough to remember these!  They remind me of Tina Sinatra's song about her boots! 

Honored Contributor

@FROM lotte wrote:

What is/was your all-time favorite pair of shoes?  Mine was a pair of navy blue Capezios I wore in high school.  

@pprmntstx  I loved my black and white saddles.