Honored Contributor

Your challenge if you decide to accept it....

You can only have a dozen pairs of shoes. What shoes would you want/need? We’ll assume we all need one rain boot and/or snow boot so you don’t have to count those in your total. 😉 

I have always loved shoes. At one time I had about 90 pairs. Now I have 30 pairs. The older I get I realize what I truly need. Since I’ve retired that’s become even more evident. I really think I would be ok with these 12 pairs. 

My List

3 Ballet Flats: Navy, black, & nude for wearing in warm weather

2 Loafers: Black, navy for wearing in colder weather

2 Sport: Dark color tie sneaker for winter & a boat shoe for spring & summer

3 Heels: Black, navy, and nude pumps - need them for dressing up for my singing at church

2 Boots: Black ankle boots, dressy knee high black suede boots

Sandals: None - don’t wear them

Honored Contributor

Twelve pair of shoes would be manageable and fine for me, I have entirely too many pairs of shoes, many of which I rarely wear..

1.  I would have two pairs of winter boots, ankle length.

2. Since I do not wear heels any more, I would have two dressy pair of shoes with a slightly raised heel,  a black color and maybe one color that pops.

3. Now for my comfort which is most important.  I would have four pair of sneakers, different colors and styles.

4.  The rest, four pairs, would be Sketchers go walks and sandals.  

While these selections may not be in the world of fashion and style, they would be comfortable and for me that is the bottom line.

Valued Contributor

3ballet flats

1boat shoes

1espadrilles--flat, closed

1flip flops

2 loafers

1heels

1sandals

1slippers

1sneakers

Respected Contributor

Not everyone needs a rain/snow boot so do we get an extra pair of tennis shoes? 😁

Esteemed Contributor

I am more into handbags than shoes so I don't need many.

3 Uggs for winter

3 Flip flops for summer

1 Sperry top siders

2 Tennis shoes for spring and fall

3 flats

Heels no longer needed.  (or wanted)

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

Not everyone needs a rain/snow boot so do we get an extra pair of tennis shoes? 😁

@tucsongal 

Sounds good to me. 😉

Esteemed Contributor

I came up with 11 

1 slight heel for church

1 casual flat for pants

3 fisherman sandals for dress or pants (navy, black, taupe)

1 flip flop

1 croc for around the house

1 hiking sandal

1 hiking boot

1 athletic shoe

1 rain/snow boot

Honored Contributor

I have 3 low rain boots (black, tan red) one pair of yellow rubber rain shoes,, one pair high yellow rain boot, and two snow boots (black and tan).

I can't possibly survive with just 12 pairs of shoes!  I have more than 12 pairs of sneakers!

Respected Contributor
I would be in trouble with this one. Lol. Maybe when I retire, I will be able to pare down.

Categories:
Snow Boots (high, low, dressy, casual)
Fashion Boots (same categories)
Pumps (High and Low)
Sandals (high heel, low heel, casual, dressy)
Work around the house shoes
Work outside shoes
Work out shoes

Then, add in the colors I need, navy, black, brown, red, green, camel, bone, white and snakeskin. Plus regular leather and suede.

12 pair just won’t cut it. Lol.
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I have 3 low rain boots (black, tan red) one pair of yellow rubber rain shoes,, one pair high yellow rain boot, and two snow boots (black and tan).

I can't possibly survive with just 12 pairs of shoes!  I have more than 12 pairs of sneakers!

@ALRATIBA   I so agree. My shoes are the main accessories to my clothing. I wear many types of sneakers from gym shoes, walking sneakers, more stylish ones for jeans in leather, etc. Summer is sandals and Clark's flats (Edelman's are gone...too flat, no support). Winter is 80% ankle boots and the rest of the time also Clark's flats. I have my Naturalizer padded slides w/ support instead of slippers in a few colors. My choices have changed to comfort before style.