Honored Contributor

Re: Shoe Advice

[ Edited ]

@Smc09 wrote:
I am needing to get some advice on shoes....
I am 33 years old and I am having issues with my feet, knees and hips. My husband thinks it could be the shoes I’m wearing.
During the spring/summer/fall seasons, I basically wear my Tieks (ballet flats) or I wear flat sandals. So basically shoes with zero support.
My feet, knees and hips have been stiff and hurting at the end of the day and now I have noticed that in the mornings when I get out of bed my feet hurt so bad when they hit the floor that I just about buckle.

So I don’t even know where to start. I know shoes are not a one style fits all but maybe you all can give me some advice on where I can begin to look.

Thanks so much!

You should try a totally different brand of low heeled shoe than your Tieks for awhile. The morning pain could be plantar fasciitis which could come from standing all day and could be exacerbated by the flatness of the Tieks. PF pain commonly occurs when you first step out of bed. The knee and hip pain could come from standing in the Tieks. You could see a podiatrist or before running to the doctor, you might want to try other shoes. Use a totally different brand and style. I had a similar problem which caused similar pain and when I got rid of the shoes I kept buying and switched the knee and hip pain vanished along with the plantar fasciitis. I did exercises for PF and I switched shoes to Propet Stability Walkers. This made all the difference in the world. I also used a slip on Propet that was even better but is no longer made. I tried a third shoe, another slip on by Propet, that was very good. It’s still made. When I was young I was a surgical assistant to a podiatrist and we saw similar cases. My problem occurred many years after. 73A57E08-8734-4FEA-8B85-9A88808908D0.jpeg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

63C39912-507D-44B7-B86D-F5A00719F6C2.png

Honored Contributor

Re: Shoe Advice

[ Edited ]

The other Propets. By the way, they are washable leather and come in other colors. They have a slip in orthotic or you can add your own if you need one later. Of course, you could see a podiatrist now if you desire. I needed nothing because of them. I needed no injections (cortisone is usually used), no RX orthotics, no splints and no surgery; just stretching exercises and the shoes. Good luck. Edited: There are other conditions besides PF. A podiatrist could diagnose and treat you now instead of trying to treat yourself.

5BB1C99D-1F2D-42A3-AECE-0E96D7544178.jpeg

Valued Contributor

@Smc09 

@Smc09 wrote:
I am needing to get some advice on shoes....
I am 33 years old and I am having issues with my feet, knees and hips. My husband thinks it could be the shoes I’m wearing.
During the spring/summer/fall seasons, I basically wear my Tieks (ballet flats) or I wear flat sandals. So basically shoes with zero support.
My feet, knees and hips have been stiff and hurting at the end of the day and now I have noticed that in the mornings when I get out of bed my feet hurt so bad when they hit the floor that I just about buckle.

So I don’t even know where to start. I know shoes are not a one style fits all but maybe you all can give me some advice on where I can begin to look.

Thanks so much!

Did you ever find any shoes that give you more support and give you no pain at the end of the day?