Valued Contributor

Re: Searching for long, bifold wallet -help!

On 1/3/2015 SouthernLady said: I checked online at Macys; they do have a wide variety! I didn't find what I have in mind, unfortunately. If I'm remembering correctly, Lisa presented the wallet and it had an ostrich finish. Very high end. Now I can't quit looking for one like it!

You can find the original maker of that style of wallet. The brand is HOBO International. Crummy name, legendary wallet. Zappos, nordstrom, and other retailers sell that wallet in many colors.

Valued Contributor

The Knox Flap Wallet by Fossil has about 20 credit card slots - 16 inside and 4 on a different flap. It doesn't close with a magnetic.

http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=12052&langId=-1&catalogId=250...

It's also on sale on their website for $59??

Valued Contributor

I saw that wallet of Lisa's in the Hobo brand at TJ Maxx just today. I loved the style and everything about it except the color that was in the store was a pumpkin and I didn't care for the color.

Beckyblu

Respected Contributor

A magnetic closure might affect credit cards.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your help. I've looked up each suggestion. The closest one I've found is by Kate Spade, and it's still not quite what I'm looking for. Oh well, half of the fun of shopping is the hunt, right?!
Valued Contributor

On 1/3/2015 rdiazMiami said:
On 1/3/2015 SouthernLady said: I checked online at Macys; they do have a wide variety! I didn't find what I have in mind, unfortunately. If I'm remembering correctly, Lisa presented the wallet and it had an ostrich finish. Very high end. Now I can't quit looking for one like it!

Southernlady, is this the one:

If so, it is item number A261868 and is currently sold out. I believe this wallet was inspired by the Hobo International Lauren wallet/clutch. Hope this helps.

Smile

Thanks for the info! I'd like to get this wallet by Hobo....too bad it's not on sale....I searched eve th where.... $110!!! But I like their leather.
Super Contributor

On 1/4/2015 tough_kitty said:

If so, it is item number A261868 and is currently sold out. I believe this wallet was inspired by the Hobo International Lauren wallet/clutch. Hope this helps.

Smile

Thanks for the info! I'd like to get this wallet by Hobo....too bad it's not on sale....I searched eve th where.... $110!!! But I like their leather.

You're very welcome TK! I'll be sure to post if I come across a good sale. I've seen them on HauteLook and Nordstrom Rack and have been tempted to purchase. If it had more credit card slots, I would have multiples.

Smile

Valued Contributor

On 1/4/2015 rdiazMiami said:

Smile

You're very welcome TK! I'll be sure to post if I come across a good sale. I've seen them on HauteLook and Nordstrom Rack and have been tempted to purchase. If it had more credit card slots, I would have multiples.

Smile

I suggest calling around to some of your local shops including those that stock gift items of any sort. The HOBO line is carried in many places and often, small retailers are quicker to discount seasonal colors. I worked in retail for many years and can't tell you how many HOBO Lauren wallets we sold and how many I saw customers using over time.

Valued Contributor

On 1/4/2015 OkeyDokey said:

Smile

Smile

I suggest calling around to some of your local shops including those that stock gift items of any sort. The HOBO line is carried in many places and often, small retailers are quicker to discount seasonal colors. I worked in retail for many years and can't tell you how many HOBO Lauren wallets we sold and how many I saw customers using over time.

Yep, apparently this wallet is 10 years old!!! I saw a video on Dillards page. Thanks for the suggestion, but I want the grey one, don't think it's considered seasonal.... rdiaz, I need a lot of credit cards slots too! Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

On 1/4/2015 OkeyDokey said:

Smile

Smile

Yep, apparently this wallet is 10 years old!!! I saw a video on Dillards page. Thanks for the suggestion, but I want the grey one, don't think it's considered seasonal.... rdiaz, I need a lot of credit cards slots too! Smiley Happy

All of HOBO's colors are seasonal in the vintage line, which is the line this wallet is part of. They change almost all the colors every single season. The colors from Fall 2014 will be on sale now in some shops. I just noticed that they added a turquoise color for Spring 2015 which they have not done in many, many seasons. If you want a gray one, snap it up because it won't be around forever. Black is the only constant in vintage. Trust me on this one. I ordered them for the retail establishment and sold them for a long time. {#emotions_dlg.w00t} That being said, the Lauren is available in more venues these days, so don't feel rushed to go out tomorrow and buy one, but don't wait until Summer or next Fall. You may not be able to find it then.