Valued Contributor
On 11/13/2014 stevieb said:

I do like the look of this leather though, but then I like Saffiano, which this isn't, but I know you don't like the more glossy leathers... I do question the quality, but would take a chance on it if it was even a bit less. I wish they'd make the accessories optional and knock the price down twenty-five bucks or so to skip them... Oh well, we'll see. My second GILI bag is probably headed back next week but there's nothing saying I have to rush to grab something else...

Yeah, yeah....the only reason EEL cannot give you a hard time back is because you are being super secretive about your purchases Smiley Wink I decided I'm returning the second logo lock just because it's too much $ and I'd rather keep the less expensive GILI.
Valued Contributor
On 11/13/2014 Mrs Grace said:

Why are we being inundated with these bags so much ? At those prices, do they believe we buy one every week ???? Oh, of course, it's gift giving season, so we must buy 18 or 22 to give to every female with whom we associate , like the checker at the grocery store.

Hahaha. Don't forget the mailman, and your lawn maintenance guy, and your hairdresser....
Frequent Contributor

The TSV is up now on their website. Does anyone know the price?

Valued Contributor
$270 ....A 2 6 2 9 9 0
Respected Contributor

Uh..oh..

I got the last TSV (the Sophia bag) and I was dubious about it but liked the colors. I've been carrying it every day this fall and it's exceeding my expectations. The leather has softened a bit and it's so comfortable and holds just the right amount of stuff I carry every day. I don't even mind the coated cotton lining.

I just am a bit sad that the keyfobs have gone cheap--no two part sewn design with the logo sewn onto the fob--now it's just stamped and the key leash is ribbon, not leather.

But of all the bags I own, the Dooneys are by far the best. I will have to exercise RESTRAINT.

Esteemed Contributor

I may watch but definitely not buying, I haven't seen anything that wows me not even the tsv.

Honored Contributor
On 11/13/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 11/13/2014 stevieb said:

I do like the look of this leather though, but then I like Saffiano, which this isn't, but I know you don't like the more glossy leathers... I do question the quality, but would take a chance on it if it was even a bit less. I wish they'd make the accessories optional and knock the price down twenty-five bucks or so to skip them... Oh well, we'll see. My second GILI bag is probably headed back next week but there's nothing saying I have to rush to grab something else...

Yeah, yeah....the only reason EEL cannot give you a hard time back is because you are being super secretive about your purchases Smiley Wink I decided I'm returning the second logo lock just because it's too much $ and I'd rather keep the less expensive GILI.

Well, TK, you pretty clearly like those GILI hobos far better than do I... It's an 'each to their own' kind of thing, but I actively disliked the black, as I thought it was too dull and too floppy and the ostrich trim didn't play well to me... And although I love the look of the croco, the bag is simply too big to be a functional hobo, and then there are those zippers... again not for me... That said, you know how much I like the Logo Lock (not), although I do suspect it's a better made bag. Still, I get that it is more costly... Sort of surprised, though, that you'd return the grey, since you've been wanting a grey bag and the LL in grey is very rich looking... Personally, I'd place it above any of the GILI hobos except the croco...

As for full disclosure, I pretty much post the bags I've gotten... Not always but pretty much... Regardless, we KNOW we can count on EEL to often order multiples...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Are you listening EEL...

{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

My recent bag purchases haven't been prolific. I did order a Kelsi Dagger bag that I might or might not keep. I have to see it first, but it might prove to be a bit on the small side and while she offers a similar bag in a larger size, it's not on sale... I also posted on another thread, that I'd found a Dooney fabric tote for a great price, so picked it up. It's the old 'shadow' logo pattern in shades of beige and cream with natural leather trim... I've been doing quite a bit of search and discover in the closet and using some of my arsenal of existing handbags... There are ALWAYS going to be new and stellar bags, but I simply can't keep adding them to the collection. They cost too much and take up too much room, so for the most part, I'm only buying them in person, so I know whether I like the bag or not, and am trying to be far more discriminating with my purchases... Can't think of anything else new and wonderful that I've acquired lately, though a few weeks back, as I mentioned, I did order a few non-leather 'cheapies' in more 'fashion' colors to use in lousy weather...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor
Stevie, I really appreciate your perspective. Honestly, I don't want to return any of these bags. But I'm afraid I won't be using my grape LL as much because I like the grey one more and it's too late to return the grape one. Also, in my logic, I was thinking the LL will always be there Smiley Wink so I could buy it some other time.... but I got something in the mail last night and perhaps I might be able to keep all the bags after all. Smiley Happy Funny, though. I was thinking, if anything, I'd return the croco GILI since I'm not too crazy about croco bags anyway, and the color of this croco is so weird it doesn't match any of my clothes... unless I wear all black which I don't do often. I suspect I'll face an even bigger dilemma once my jewelry pieces arrive. Lol.
Honored Contributor
On 11/14/2014 tough_kitty said: Stevie, I really appreciate your perspective. Honestly, I don't want to return any of these bags. But I'm afraid I won't be using my grape LL as much because I like the grey one more and it's too late to return the grape one. Also, in my logic, I was thinking the LL will always be there Smiley Wink so I could buy it some other time.... but I got something in the mail last night and perhaps I might be able to keep all the bags after all. Smiley Happy Funny, though. I was thinking, if anything, I'd return the croco GILI since I'm not too crazy about croco bags anyway, and the color of this croco is so weird it doesn't match any of my clothes... unless I wear all black which I don't do often. I suspect I'll face an even bigger dilemma once my jewelry pieces arrive. Lol.

None of my beeswax, as they say...

Wink

But I think you should keep the grey LL... If you feel compelled to return something, then maybe the GILI you like least... On the other hand, you might as well wait and see how the jewelry pans out... If any of it doesn't work out and goes back, well, that's quite a savings. And if you love all of it and can make it work financially, well, you can always go on a serious shopping diet... Not one where you say your are, but one where you actually do!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I'll grant you, I don't think the LL is going anywhere, but to return it because you think you'll use it more than the other one... TK, that's just silly. If you like it so much you know you'll use it a lot, then just keep it and be done with it! It stands to reason you'll use grey more than you'll use purple! That's one of the reasons why, as pretty as some of them are, unusually colored bags are my exception rather than my rule... Besides, grey is hot this season and if you change your mind about it, it might be hard to get later.

Very curious to hear how the jewelry pieces work out! I can remember what the ring and necklace look like, but not the bracelet...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor
Stevie, ok, it's like this - I'd use grey LL more often than the grape one. However, I'd use my GILI hobos more often than the grey LL because I like the zipper closure more and the look of the bag overall.....and guess what. I just got my jewelry and it's stunning!! (Check out Stevie thread, so we don't go complete off topic over hereSmiley Happy)