Frequent Contributor

Sandals for people who have ankle that rolls and also feet that sweat ALOT..

I haven't worn sandals in years because my ankle rolls but after watching Vionic I decided to try their sneakers.. so I can walk without worrying about the ankle BUT now with summer coming I DO NOT want to wear my sneakers outside.. I know that Vionic has sandals.. I ordered a pair not long ago but had to return them since they were slipons and didn't have the backstrap. my feet were ok that day but I couldn't wear them because when I walked my foot slid out of them.. HELP..
Honored Contributor

Re: Sandals for people who have ankle that rolls and also feet that sweat ALOT..

@DiamoniqueDiva98611   I also have had issues with Vionic sandals and will not wear them since there is no edge to keep feet in them.  The only ones I have found that do not do this are Birkenstocks.  They have a foot bed that cups around your feet and prevents this.  That also prevents stubbed toes.  They have a wide range of styles and even beach ones that I usually wear all summer and even all year around the house.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sandals for people who have ankle that rolls and also feet that sweat ALOT..

@DiamoniqueDiva98611 @Pook   for me, it's not the brand that matters as much as the specific shoe.  I have ordered Vionics that worked really well and some that didn't work at all.  Same with New Balance sneakers, same with Ecco brand sport sandals, etc.  

More often than not, I buy my shoes from a local store that specializes in fitting problem feet.  Certainly not the least expensive shoes we can buy, but mine save me from visits to the doctor for back pain management, so it's a good trade off for me and my left foot which insists on over-pronating even with the very strongest support.

Honored Contributor

@DiamoniqueDiva98611 

I can't really offer any help -- sorry to say -- but I have sympathy for you!  I have a chronic ankle/tendon issue and have been unable to wear sandals and pretty shoes for years.  I have been forced to wear sneakers --- Oh, the horror!  And I do hate it but it's the only way I can prevent constant pain.  I would do as has been suggested here -- go to a store which deals with foot issues and can probably help you choose shoes which would be good for you.  Expensive, but probably what you will need if you want to go this route.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@DiamoniqueDiva98611 

What about something like this?

Pair View

Honored Contributor

I totally agree with @millieshops 

I need sandals with support, I've had good luck with Clark's

Also, search for "fisherman sandals"

I have a high instep, this is Earth Origins, brand is not important but this is the style I prefer

earth origins.jpg

Frequent Contributor

they do have sandals with backstraps that keeps the foot ok.. I just don't like that I have yet to see the foot bed that allows for feet that sweat too much
Frequent Contributor

cute
Honored Contributor

For the most part, I quit wearing sandals because of my rolling ankle. I once rolled it and broke my ankle and lower leg in 4 places and have lots of pins and plates. 

I wear lightweight casual slip-ons most of the time. I love Ecco shoes and it's about the only brand I wear. My feet don't sweat in them. It's easy to find promo codes that work on Ecco at shoesdotcom. I have a pair of Merrell slip on sandals that I wear outside some of the time.